It looks like, just in time for Christmas, Matthew will have his two first teeth. His first one broke through yesterday...and it has been misery and woe ever since. I really think teething is worse than any shots babies ever get. He is so sad, and spends the day (and night) screaming and crying and trying to bite everything he can. None of the teething medicine works. It is so sad and frustrating. I wish the teeth could just pop up and be there. It sure would make life easier.
I don't remember it being this hard with Emma so I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
teething tablets, ibuprofen, ear plugs, a rocking chair, and a good movie to watch in the middle of the night...
hang in there. SOMEDAY it will all end and then you will be worrying about the kids he is biting in nursery. :)
Gosh, that's hard. Alyssa cut her first teeth at 4 months. I just gave her infants tylenol...the Dr. said to give half of the lowest dose on there. And Kathy said to freeze a carrott and give that to her, so I did and she didn't seem to mind it. We also used the numbing gel stuff...boy does it numb. Joe and I tried it, but maybe thats the stuff you guys tried and didn't work. Hope it goes away soon!
Teething really is a miserable thing. I was going to suggest the carrot and see that Nicia already mentioned it. Peel and freeze a carrot - then just let him gnaw on it until it's thawed and floppy - seemed to work for my kids - Worth a try!
I'm sorry it's so rough for you! Evie was pretty easy, but Lizzie hasn't even started yet. I'll probably get lucky (hint of sarcasm) and she'll start on the drive down to Rachel's.
I am afraid I can't remember much about teething, but I am so happy I found your blog! I will have to check it out more when I have time - but it looks good from what I have seen so far. :) I am going to add you to my blog!
Post a Comment