Matthew all ready for the beach
Jon and Emma's sand creation
Emma loves water but is scared of the waves in the ocean. She is getting more and more brave though.
Last Saturday, was busy but fun. We started the morning by going to our county's emergency preparedness fair. We got lots of good information, some fun freebies and handouts, and I even won a $20 Target gift card in a raffle. I NEVER win anything so this was SO exciting. After the fair, we headed to Toys R Us for a Thomas the Train playdate. Emma has a major obsession with Thomas right now so we thought this would be fun. Naptime came fast though so we headed home.
Playing with Thomas
Right before we got to our exit we decided to go into San Francisco. I had seen that one of the children's museums was free that day and thought it was the Exploratorium so we went there only to find out that I was wrong. We decided to walk around the grounds and take some pictures because it is so beautiful. There are huge pillars...lots of really cool architecture. While we were there I called my dad who was kind enough to look up the directions to the children's museum in Sausalito, which really was free, and we went on our way. The Children's Museum was a lot of fun and I wish I could show pictures but we left the camera in the car and didn't realize it until we were already in. Big bummer! It was a really cool place and we all had a lot of fun. It really was another perfect Saturday.
Emma at the Exploratorium. This gives you an idea of how big the columns are.
Crossing the Golden Gate
And here are a couple random things from the last couple weeks...
I found this ride on toy the other day. Someone had put it out with their garbage but it was too nice to let it go to waste so I rescued it. We brought it home, cleaned it up, and it looks brand new. The kids love it.
7 comments:
Way to rescue that toy! It really does look brand new!! I'm glad Jon is finished with his weekend work! Yeah!!!
Hooray for weekends! I am happy that you have beaches so close to enjoy. Someday...
Yeah for Saturdays reclaimed!! That last picture of Matthew is so cute! That beach looks fun!
That's great you get him home on weekends now! And I can't believe it's still warm enough for beach-going down there!
Free toys are great! Good job cleaning it up!
Oh I miss the beach! What a HUGE pillar Emma is sitting on! Glad you got your weekends back...enjoy!
How nice that you have Jon back on Saturdays (and that he has his Saturdays back).I'm jealous of your days at the beach - it's one of my favorite places. Love the pictures of Matthew, and I wish we had toys sitting out on the curb that looked like the one you rescued!
That's something it is still warm enough at the beach. I think you are brave to go through San Francisco on purpose - I never got that comfortable with it. It was okay when I was being chauffered in a military staff car though. It's good you enjoy it.
Post a Comment