Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bathtime Fun

A random story to start...
Emma loves to take baths...what kid doesn't? But, she hates finding hair in the water-HATES it. Ever since Matthew was born my hair falls out in clumps (anyone else have this problem???) so there is always some stray hair in there. At least once every bath, she starts screaming that there is a spider in the bath and tries to get away from it until I come fish the hair out. One day I found her with her back up against the back of the tub and her legs up on the walls of the tub, today she was huddling in the corner clutching all of her rubber duckies and asking each one if they were okay. It is pretty funny.

Today the kids were taking a bath. Matthew has a little bath sling that he lays on, but he's gotten big enough that when he kicks he just slides down. I was tired of holding him up today so I got the brilliant idea to use the pool floatie for him to sit in. It worked great and they looked so cute in it. And best of all the "spiders" couldn't get Emma. She was so happy.


5 comments:

Nicia said...

That's really cute. And what a great idea! I have the same problem with my hair falling out in handfuls...dang hormones!

Rachel Holloway said...

I wish I could say that the hair thing was because of having a baby...I think mine has ALWAYS done this.

What a cute idea for using the floatie! Emma sure is a funny character...I always imagine her squeaky little voice and it makes me laugh!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, my hair still comes out in clumps. Yuck.

Zaylee was terrified to find floaties in the bathwater for a while. Every once in a while, she would poop in the bath, and Jeff would totally freak out and get her out of the water really fast. So she thought it was because it was scary. Eventually though, she stopped bath-pooping, and Jeff calmed down, and now she loves her baths again!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the hair issue; mine has always done that. When I run the conditioner through my hair and come back with my hands covered in my hair, I always have the "Get it OFF me!!" feeling. It's comparable to having a spider crawling on me, so I can totally relate to Emma's freak-out over it :)

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

Ditto on the hair falling out. Cute idea with the floatie. Do I see a little thumb in Matthew's mouth?