Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Playing the Waiting Game

I thought I'd post a little update on our lives right now because everyone keeps asking what we're doing and if we've heard back about jobs. So, where to begin...
The short version- We are learning A LOT about faith. Almost more than I want to know. And we are still waiting to hear back about jobs/internships for January.
The long version- Jon interviewed with Pixar 5 weeks ago. We were supposed to know within 3 weeks what their answer was. We are still waiting. He interviewed with Dreamworks 2 weeks ago and they said they would get back really fast. We are still waiting. To take any job/internship in January we have to move before Christmas because we live in student housing and Jon won't be a full time student if we don't stay here. So, we debated for a long time whether or not we should put our move out notice in. After a lot of thought and prayer, it really felt like the best thing to do. So we put our move out notice in and we are moving on Dec 21...in 9 days...ahhh! We are planning on moving to California and will live with Jon's parents until we can get a place of our own. This works out really well because they live really close to Pixar. So now we just need a job offer. :) So, in a nutshell, this is what we are doing right now. It has been SO hard to walk blindly and take such huge steps totally in the dark. But we can't deny the feelings that we've had and the tender mercies that have kept us going in the direction that we are going. So many things have happened along the way to push us along this path, and I know that they aren't just coincidence. As we have started planning our move, EVERYTHING has fallen right into place. Everything has happened how we needed it to in order to be able to move so soon. It really has been a blessing. We just need an offer now and then everything will be set. So, we'll keep everyone updated.
Sorry to go on for so long. On a happy note, we get to find out what we're having next Wednesday! Our doctor doesn't do ultrasounds until 20 weeks and I will only be 18 1/2 but I talked her into letting me do it before we move. I am so excited. We'll let you know what we find out!

3 comments:

Paul said...

You guys are amazing! I'm so impressed with your faith to take a step into the dark, but I'm glad that so far things have just fallen into place. You'll be in our prayers!
Also, can't wait to hear what you're having! That's exciting!

Anonymous said...

Making a move like that can be really scary. We accepted the offer for this position back at the end of May '07 and had to put our house on a rather slow market to sell. Steve had to be here on July 15th, and the house hadn't sold yet so he was here for a month by himself. We continued packing the house and getting things ready for the move. We needed the house to sell by the end of Aug because we would have rent on a new place starting on Sept 1st. We received an offer two weeks before moving day and the house closed on Aug 30th. We spent the entire summer on pins and needles waiting for the house to sell and were immensely grateful when things worked out smoothly.

Laura Dewey said...

I'm excited to find out if you're having a boy or girl. We had are baby last Wednesday. It'll be exciting to hear what works out for you guys too.