Sunday, December 30, 2007
Cause for Celebration!
Today we faced something that I have been looking forward to and dreading for the last several months...nursery. I was SO worried that Emma wouldn't let me leave her because she can be kind of clingy. But off we went anyway. She did great. All the other kids were screaming hysterically and she just sat there looking at them like they were crazy. It was a proud moment for me. Anyway, I left and checked on her a couple more times during the rest of church. The last time I went and peeked in the window she was curled up in a big recliner fast asleep. This girl loves her sleep. It was so cute. She has also been sleeping in her toddler bed this week and has done great, even with naps. She is growing up so fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was always such a relief for me when my children enjoyed the nursery (not all of them did) Congratulations, now you can ejoy your classes, and maybe Emme will be a calming influence on some of the other kids
That's awesome that she loves nursery! I think I made a big mistake by letting Benjamin get used to going WITH me before he turned 18 months because now he won't let me leave. It's awful. On a positive note, I finally weaned him completely last week, and that went over really well (I had been feeding him at naptime and bedtime). I thought it was going to be a huge battle, but after I explained to him that he was a big boy now, he just accepted it without any tears or frustration. And that means he's finally sleeping through the night CONSISTENTLY!
I was also going to ask how the big girl bed went over, but you answered my question. I hadn't even thought to put Benjamin in a toddler bed yet, but it sounds like this is a good age, at lest for Emma! I'm glad she took to it so well. She's just a really mature girl! :)
Post a Comment