So I got to spend the last week playing mom to Jon's little sisters while his mom was at girls camp. They are 7 and 10 so I wasn't really worried about doing it and in the end, the week was better than I could have hoped. Okay, so it was great. I had a dishwasher!!! I haven't used a dishwasher since we got married. I forgot how nice they are. I also had a washer and dryer that were in the house and that I didn't have to pay for. Wow, what a luxury! I also had built in 24 hour entertainment for Emma. She loves playing with her aunts and they are so good with her. So, it was a good week but it's nice to be back home....for another week and a half. We have to be out of our apartment by the 17th and Jon's internship ends the 24th so we're going to stay with his parents for a week. So, I need to force myself to start packing and cleaning so I don't have to do it all last minute. Ahh...the joys of moving. We are sad to leave California but are excited for the next year...our last year in Provo!!! We love Provo and the friends we've made there. It has become home but we are ready to move on, and Jon is ready to be done with school.
Before we head back to Provo Jon and I are going to take a vacation alone! Since I babysat for Jon's mom while she was at camp, she is going to watch Emma while we go to Tijuana and Southern California for 5 days. We are going to Tijuana for 2 days to visit Jon's mission, then we'll spend a day in San Diego. We're going to go to the temple and then the zoo. The next day we're going to go to Disneyland. We got free tickets courtesy of Pixar! It is going to be a packed trip. I am so excited and am trying not to worry about leaving Emma for that long. We have never left her for more than 3 or 4 hours so this is pretty big. But I know they will take good care of her and it will be fine.
Anyway, here are some pictures from the last few weeks...

My first attempt at cutting Jon's hair. I was tired of paying for haircuts and figured how hard could it be? The answer...harder than it looks, at least for me. Jon was scared but in the end it turned out good.

I found Emma leaning up against the bed like this. It was so funny. She just stood there drinking her bottle for quite awhile.

Ahh...the joys of Kleenex. Unfortunately this activity only provides a few minutes of entertainment and it is impossible to get all the tissue back in the box.

Emma discovered swings this week and LOVES them. She will sit there swinging and laughing forever. It is great. If only Wymount had swings.


I took Jon's sisters and Emma to have lunch with Jon at Pixar. We FINALLY got our pictures with Sully and Mike. We also played pool, ping pong, and air hockey while we were there. It was a blast!
2 comments:
You asked where we live? We live in Wauwatosa, which is sort of surrounded by Milwaukee. Kind of a weird place. Hope the brother's mission is going great!
Have so much fun in Mexico! See you soon. Emma is a doll!
Post a Comment