Emma wanted to do a photoshoot with Ellie to get some birthday pictures. I think she did a pretty good job.
Ellie had to wait until after church to open presents. I left the presents for a minute and when I came back she had opened everything and had laid all the gifts out. She was pretty proud of herself.
After church we went to Grandma and Grandpa Farrell's house to celebrate with the whole family.
She picked a Cinderella cake and was SO excited for it.
A week after her birthday, we had a combined birthday tea party for Ellie and her best friend Audrey. Lots of little girls in princess attire, tons of yummy food, and a plethora of pink, purple, and sparkles...it was every little girl's dream.
We love Ellie and her huge personality. Though she can really try my patience she can also be the sweetest, funniest little girl. She has a gift for being able to get by with almost no sleep, and will often stay up till 11 pm just talking and singing, but then she'll sleep in till 10 in the morning. As I was typing that she came wandering out of her room (at 10 pm) wanting to find a snack and chat! I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of person and the older two kids have taken after me. She definitely takes after the Farrell side with her late nights and late mornings! Ellie's strong will carries over into potty training as well. She just won't do it. I'm at a complete loss. The older two were trained well before they turned 3. I've tried everything I can think of, starting with taking the approach of letting her lead like I did with Emma and Matthew. But she just doesn't want to. She knows exactly what to do and when she needs to do it. But she just doesn't want to. No amount of rewards work. Stickers, prizes, enough candy to fill a candy store...nothing. She just doesn't want to. She very well may be in diapers in kindergarten at the rate we're going!
Ellie has the cutest little voice and gets comments about it often. She loves dancing, singing, and all things princess. She will only wear dresses and nightgowns...no tights, no shorts, no shirts and absolutely no pants. She loves playing with all of her little stuffed animals. She calls them her babies and names them all sorts of crazy names. She loves playing with Emma and Matthew but if they do anything to make her mad they better watch out. She doesn't hesitate to put them in their place. She and Matthew are almost the same size now and she can tackle him in no time if she's not happy. She also loves Alyssa and is constantly trying to feed her and give her toys. She is currently obsessed with bandaids and needs them for everything. She can climb anything and everything and has no fear. She has recently started climbing UP the door to unlock the deadbolt and then lets herself out into the front yard. We really need to figure out a new. more childproof deadbolt.
Ellie is definitely a spirited child. She has taught me that sometimes kids just turn out the way they do, no matter what you do or don't do. She definitely marches to the beat of her own drum, which is challenging right now, but I know will take her far in life as she gets older. We are grateful for our sweet Ellie.
Ellie has the cutest little voice and gets comments about it often. She loves dancing, singing, and all things princess. She will only wear dresses and nightgowns...no tights, no shorts, no shirts and absolutely no pants. She loves playing with all of her little stuffed animals. She calls them her babies and names them all sorts of crazy names. She loves playing with Emma and Matthew but if they do anything to make her mad they better watch out. She doesn't hesitate to put them in their place. She and Matthew are almost the same size now and she can tackle him in no time if she's not happy. She also loves Alyssa and is constantly trying to feed her and give her toys. She is currently obsessed with bandaids and needs them for everything. She can climb anything and everything and has no fear. She has recently started climbing UP the door to unlock the deadbolt and then lets herself out into the front yard. We really need to figure out a new. more childproof deadbolt.
Ellie is definitely a spirited child. She has taught me that sometimes kids just turn out the way they do, no matter what you do or don't do. She definitely marches to the beat of her own drum, which is challenging right now, but I know will take her far in life as she gets older. We are grateful for our sweet Ellie.
Birthday Interview
What is your full name? Ellie
How old are you? Two (Two? Or did you turn 3 on your birthday?) Three
What's your favorite color? Pink
Who's your best friend?Audrey
What's your favorite animal? Giraffe
What do you want to be when you grow up? Grow up big
What's your favorite movie? My Little Ponies
What are some of your favorite books? I like Sophia
What makes you happy? My friends
What makes you sad?Fighting
What's your favorite food? Chicken nuggets
What's your favorite song? I like Blessing. (What’s that?) Happy birthday!
What games do you like to play? I want to play Feast and Famine
What's your favorite toy? Mmm..kids toys. I like my shopping cart.










No comments:
Post a Comment