Jon and I were able to spend 6 blissful kid-free days in Kauai. It was my first time in Hawaii and Jon's second (but first time on Kauai). I just have to say, I have never understood all the hype about Hawaii and I have never really wanted to go. But I totally get it now. What an amazing place!
We have more pictures than I could ever post here, so I'll try and keep this short and sweet.
Hawaii was...
an awesome plane tour of the island (that left my stomach feeling not so awesome)
that gave us some gorgeous views and got us familiar with the island.
Hawaii was an early morning walk on the beach to watch the sunrise.
It was also a hike into the jungle, where Jon got to cross off one more thing on his bucket list after he found these vines to swing on. It was also a few grumpies on my part when we realized this hike was actually 6 miles longer than we were anticipating because the road was not drivable.
Hawaii was endless supplies of cool creatures, plants, and flowers. I lost count of the number of lizards Jon caught (I'm still not sure how he even saw most of them!) and I've decided the plumeria is my new favorite flower.
Hawaii was lots and lots of waterfalls
and delicious food.
That giant avocado only cost us $1 at the farmer's market!
mmm....my mouth is watering....
Hawaii was a hike down to Secret Beach and then on to the Secret Lava Pools, where Jon snorkeled (with our electronic car keys...thankfully they were able to dry out and still worked!) and I got a little nap in.
It was breathtaking views everywhere we turned.
And it was a drive to Wailua Falls,
followed by a hike down to the top of the falls (in flip flops, on a very slippery, steep hill, surrounded by Danger signs). But it was worth it. :)
Hawaii was lots of fun souvenirs.
This bowl was made out of a single coconut leaf, and there's a grasshopper sitting on it that is also made from a coconut leaf.
It was a drive down to Poipu Beach for some snorkeling and lounging, followed by a trip to see the Spouting Horn (a hole in the lava where the water sprays up when the waves break).
It was more beach lounging for me while Jon snorkeled for a second time at Tunnels Beach (by far the best snorkeling on the island!)
Hawaii was staying in quaint little Kapa'a
and spending a morning ziplining. We did 9 lines that ranged from 160 feet to 1200 feet. SO FUN!
Our zipline group in front of the last line.
Hawaii was also another hike down to a beach, this time Queens Bath, for some more snorkeling and swimming.
It was shave ice in a variety of tropical flavors...though the best part was the macadamia nut ice cream on the bottom. Mmmmm....
Hawaii was wild chickens everywhere. There are lots of theories as to how they got there, but the fact is they are there...everywhere...
Hawaii was beautiful sunsets
and a Sunday spent exploring Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific)
And Hawaii was spending our last night relaxing on the beach with a picnic dinner while we waited to watch the sunset.
In short, Hawaii was great! I just wish the jet lag would go away already! :)



4 comments:
SO jealous! Love the pictures, and you both look great! How fun that you got a little break and were able to make such wonderful memories. Again, so jealous! :) I would definitely go back to Hawaii in a heartbeat.
Oh wow! I would love to go someday. The rest of my family got to go on their way back from Japan, but I left 3 months early to go to college and missed out. :-( Some Day... How fun for you guys though! Glad you got to go, and have a good time.
so happy for you!! It looks like you had an amazing time. And who knows, maybe I will get to go someday! :)
reunion here we come!
Post a Comment