Emma started 1st grade on August 29. She LOVED Kindergarten and was excited to go back to school again, though she told us she was just excited to see her friends again and to play on the big playground instead of the Kindergarten playground. She was not excited to be at school all day and was worried that she would miss me and that she wouldn't have time to play her favorite games in the afternoon. :) Her teacher this year is Mrs. Alquero and she seems really nice. She's having a baby in November, which is great for her, but kind of a bummer for the kids in the class. I'm not looking forward to a long term sub for most of the year...I'm sure it'll all be fine though. Emma's two best friends from kindergarten ended up in the other 1st grade class, which was also a bummer, but there are a lot of new kids this year and hopefully lots of new friends.
I'm excited for this new year, to see her learn and grow. Here's to another great year of school!
1st grade!
Brady, one of her best friends and the boy she says she's going to marry, stopped by so we could all walk to school together. I am SO excited to have a neighbor and friend at her school so we can carpool.
And they're off!
No comments:
Post a Comment