Thursday, October 13, 2011

Four Months!

 Four months seems SO much older than 3 months. I don't know why, but it does. I love the stages babies go through as they get older. They just get more fun. I love seeing Ellie's personality emerge more as she grows. And the kids are having a lot of fun with her too.

At four months Ellie weighs 12 lb 15 oz and is 23 3/4" long. She is a drool machine and has to have something in her mouth at all times. A favorite is other people's fingers (eww....especially considering how fast little kids realize this! Why do they think it's so funny to have her suck on their fingers???) She also loves food. Whether or not I'm ready for solids doesn't matter, because she is READY. If we are eating or drinking something and don't share, she gets really upset. The doctor gave us the go ahead, so we've started giving her food once or twice a day. So far, she's tried rice cereal, cream of wheat, carrots, peaches, bananas, and strawberries. And jello....she's a really big fan of jello.

Despite being an amazing sleeper her first 3 months of life, Ellie has recently started waking up countless times every night. All she wants is to have her binky put back in and she's back to sleep, but it's really wearing us out to be up that much at night. I know we can let her cry it out but I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. Any other suggestions?

Ellie is SO close to being able to sit on her own. She can sit alone for several seconds and can catch herself if she falls forward. It's the tipping sideways and backwards that gets her.  :)  She has absolutely no interest in rolling or being on her tummy, but LOVES sitting and standing. She also loves bouncing in her jumperoo.

Ellie can be super smiley and happy, but has also started to get scared more easily too. Anything sudden startles her and she bursts into tears. She's also started to show a little stranger anxiety.

The kids are so proud of their baby. They love to show her off and tell everybody about her. I went and helped in Emma's class today and took Ellie with me. The kids flocked to her. I don't think I've ever felt so popular in all my life.  :)  

We sure love this sweet girl!

This is how she looks most of the time....ready to eat anything that comes near her.  :)
 Her clothes always end up in her mouth.

The hands a favorite too.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

With Owen, we used to put him to sleep with one pluggie in his mouth, and one in each hand (or one on each side of his head). He learned pretty quickly to get it back in his mouth at night by himself. Good luck! She is such a cutie!

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

I feel you on the sleep thing. Though Sophie started a little later. I just waited it out. I couldn't stand to let her cry. I tried a couple of times and couldn't make it even five minutes. I was one tired mama but I just couldn't do it. She is now back to normal and sleeping through the night. Just do what you think is right.