These are the shoes that Matthew has been wearing for the last 1 1/2 years (or more....). I LOVE Crocs for my kids. They're durable, easy to put on, and if WHEN they play in the mud I don't have to worry about them getting ruined. Turns out Matthew LOVES Crocs too....so much so that he has refused to wear anything but these shoes for the last 1 1/2 years (or more...).
It might not be such a big deal, except that he has worn holes through the fronts of the blue shoes, and after 1 1/2 years, the Cars crocs are still 2 sizes too big. I have tried and tried to get Matthew to wear real shoes. I have bought numerous pairs of shoes, I have taken him shoe shopping. And every time he refuses to even try the shoes on. He just loves his Crocs that much. I guess I only have myself to blame for that since I rarely wear anything but flip flops. :)
This week I decided to try one last time. I was at the store and saw these super cool light up Lightning McQueen shoes. I hoped the lights and the fact that they were Cars shoes would convince him to wear them. And it worked! He instantly fell in love with them. After putting them on, he ran up and down the hall wanting us to watch how fast his new shoes made him run. And he has to show every friend, teacher, and stranger how cool his new shoes are. As for me, I am SO happy that he has finally decided to love some new shoes. :)
And as you can probably tell, these have been well loved in their 3 short days of use.
2 comments:
hooray! That's too funny. :) It is hilarious to me what things kids get attached to. Hooray for your successful (finally) transition! :)
Maggie refuses to wear anything but Crocs either. I totally feel your pain.
I did however, have to convince her to wear sneakers- as she now has gym every Monday at school, and it's mandatory to wear sneakers.
I have a firm belief that the Lord answers prayers- as he inspired manufacturers to make glitter tennis shoes that I could convince Maggie were awesome enough to wear.
She only wears them on Monday.
Post a Comment