Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whirlwind Week

 Last week was busy....lots of driving and traveling and fun.We started out the week with the kids and I driving down to Southern California to visit some friends on Monday. The Kings moved from the Bay Area in December and we have all missed them a lot! The kids were SO excited to play together again. Emma was so anxious to get there that she didn't even want to stop at McDonalds for lunch....Emma turning down McDonalds is unheard of! She insisted that she would stay in her seat and be good if I would bring 40 bags of fruit snacks so she wouldn't get hungry. We stopped at McDonalds anyway.  :)

We stayed with the Kings until Thursday morning and had a blast.

There was a lot of plasma car riding....they honestly did this more than anything else.

A girls night out to get pedicures and dinner. (I had forgotten how much I love having my toenails painted....I feel so fancy!)

A trip to the beach, on what just happened to be the coldest day we were there. However, we are used to the usually cold San Francisco beaches, so it didn't phase the kids at all. They played hard and all got wet anyway.

 
 


 and lots of visiting. It was just a nice, laid back trip. We are so glad we could go and see them.

Thursday night, Matthew woke up complaining that his ear hurt. So, first thing Friday we took him in to the doctor to get antibiotics for his double ear infection, then met Jon at work for lunch and an Easter egg hunt for the kids. From there I took the kids to grandma's house so Jon and I could have a little getaway before the baby comes.

We stayed at the Hayes Mansion in San Jose. It was really inexpensive so we weren't expecting much, but we were pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous grounds and buildings, nice comfortable rooms, and a delicious breakfast. It was such a nice little escape.


 Before going to get the kids on Saturday we headed down to another mansion. We had heard so much about Filoli and really wanted to take advantage and check it out while we didn't have the kids with us. The house and gardens were impressive! Just wish I wasn't so pregnant....I was WORN OUT!



We spent the rest of the weekend with Jon's family. The kids got to hunt for their Easter baskets on Saturday. They also got to paint eggs, which they loved. On Saturday night we got to go see The Lamb of God oratorio, which our sister in law participated in. It was a great program. It was a great Easter. We love being close enough to spend holidays with family.



After all the nonstop fun, we were so happy to finally come home Sunday night!

4 comments:

K said...

Sounds like a fun week! We are so glad you came to visit! Sorry that Matthew ended up with a double ear infection. Ouch! I hope he feels better! Come back soon!

Jared said...

Looks like you've been busy busy! I hope Matthew feels better. When are you due Sarah? I should already know this but I can't remember. The Hayes Mansion looks really cool!

Sarah said...

Jared, I'm due June 3...coming up!

Rachel Holloway said...

Our friends have a plasma car and we LOOOVE it. It truthfully might make the list of much purchase items this year. :)
So glad you had a fun week with friends and then a getaway with Jon! That place looks AWESOME!