Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Sun

 Dear Sun,

I would like to thank you for gracing us with your presence these last 2 weeks. We have loved having you around. These summer-like 60-70 degree, sunny days have almost made me forget that it really is the middle of winter still. We have thoroughly enjoyed taking long bike rides, spending several hours at the park (often multiple times a day), playing in the backyard with the water table and sprinkler, eating popsicles and spending time at the beach. You have spoiled us so much, we will forgive you for the rain you brought on Saturday and Sunday. After all, a little rain every once in a while is good.

Please stick around!

Sincerely,


A very happy mom

Pictures taken at Poplar Beach- Jan 22, 2011








4 comments:

Melinda said...

Thank you for those beach pictures! Now I can dream a bit while this blizzard rages around us. (The wind's so crazy, we can actually see part of our sidewalk in some places, and in others the snow's 3 feet deep!) Could you post-script the sun and ask him to visit me, too? :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Thank you for rubbing it in.... :) jk

I'm going back to enjoy my view of 16 degrees and covered in ice.

Unknown said...

Ah...that looks really nice. I can't even imagine being outside in a swimsuit right now. Emma and Matthew look so relaxed though, I can almost feel the warmth... Looks like fun!

MAF said...

Of course Jon can't go to the beach without digging some kind of crater or trench or something.