Friday, April 9, 2010

Monterey

This week we had the opportunity to go to Monterey with Jon's mom and two little sisters. A friend of theirs offered us their beach house for a couple days, so we packed up and headed down on Tuesday.

Our first stop after we got there was the wharf. We walked around and looked at the shops and the views and then headed home for dinner.



After dinner we walked the 2 blocks down to the beach. It was pretty cold, but was so beautiful with the sun setting in the background.


The kids were SO excited. Matthew ran back and forth yelling water water and laughing hysterically.


A couple moments of reflection...


Over the course of the evening, Matthew went from being fully dressed to only wearing a shirt and jacket. He was soaked from the waist down but he was a happy guy!


The next morning we went to Dennis the Menace Park, which is definitely one of the coolest parks I have ever been to.

This slide was a big hit. It's made of a bunch of poles that roll as you go down...did that make any sense???




After lunch at Bubba Gumps (where, ironically, none of us ordered seafood) and Matthew's nap, we headed back to the beach. It was so sunny and warm. Fij pulled out the kite.

Emma and the girls tried out the water.

Then they went "sledding" down the hill.

Jenny buried her legs. Matthew came walking over and planted a couple feathers in her lap. It was pretty funny.

And somehow all of my pictures were from the beach and the wharf. We had a great time visiting, playing games, and watching movies too. We came home tired and happy...it was a great little vacation!

4 comments:

Kalena and Justin said...

Love all the pics! What a fun little Vacation and what cute kids to spend it with. So did you have the problem that everything tasted better at the beach?

Rachel Holloway said...

SO fun! I am so glad you got away on a fun little vacay! :) You deserved that!! And Sar, GREAT PICS! I am seriously impressed!!!

I love the Dennis the Menace park--I remember going there as a kid--yay! :)

Esther said...

You took some really great pictures. It looks like so much fun. I can't wait to go to the beach!

Kathy Whittle said...

I love the reflection pictures of the kids!