Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Gratitude Attitude

I have had this song stuck in my head all day...well, one line from a song. And I can't figure out what song it is or what the rest of the lyrics are. The one line I have in my head is "I'll have a gratitude attitude"...maybe it was from Joyschool?

Either way, I love this time of year when it seems like everyone has the gratitude attitude. It is so contagious! I have not been feeling very grateful lately and instead have been focusing on what we don't have and all the things that are hard right now. Today it just hit me that I really do have so much to be thankful for. I found myself thinking about it a lot today.

When we were at the toy store and the kids were test driving the bikes I realized how blessed I am to have 2 healthy kids who can run and play and ride bikes. Jon and Emma were able to go on a daddy daughter date tonight and hit me how lucky I am to have a husband who wants to spend time with each of his kids and to have kids who totally adore their dad. I had to drop Emma off at Jon's work and take the train back with Matthew and I found myself thinking how lucky we are to have the train so we don't have to have 2 cars. As I caught Matthew doing new and different things throughout the day I felt so lucky to have such a fun, happy little boy who makes me smile.

I could go on and on, because I really do feel so blessed right now. This little change in attitude has made all the difference for me today, and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It's true; we all have much to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Unknown said...

Those are the best blessings, for sure! It always bothers me when people point out how I've "got my hands full!" as if it's a bad thing. I think it's a lot better than having my hands empty!