Sunday, August 9, 2009

Random Pictures and a Great Weekend

Here is a random bunch of pictures that I wanted to put up before we leave for Idaho on Tuesday. I can't believe we're leaving so soon! Reality has definitely not hit yet, but I'm sure it will tomorrow when I'm forced to start packing.

Sprinklers + trampolines = FUN!!!


While Emma laid out/jumped on the trampoline Matthew explored Grandma's yard.


Cute kids!

Like father, like son. :)

Less than a minute before I took this Emma was talking and singing and insisting that she wasn't tired...talk about crashing!

Some friends invited us along to the Academy of Sciences. We went with them once before so we were excited to go back and see everything that we missed the first time around. This is on top of the building.

The white alligator was actually in the water and moving. Last time he just sat on a rock, so this was exciting.


We went through the rainforest and survived the hot, suffocating humidity. The girls loved all the butterflies flying around.

The fish are always a hit.

And the jellyfish are Emma's favorite.

I am the activity day leader in my ward, so I do twice-monthly activities with the 8-11 year old girls. We had a Hawaiian party last week and I brought Emma along for the fun.

The lady on the left is the other leader. She made all of the Hawaiian dresses for the girls. Amazing!

This reminds me of the movie "Coraline".

Emma had her first trip to the dentist. She actually really likes going to doctors, so this was really fun for her. She was a little weirded out at first, especially when the dentist moved the chair up and then laid it down, but she loved everything about the trip. The highlights were the strawberry toothpaste and bubble gum flavored vitamins.


After the dentist we packed up and headed to Danville. We dropped the kids off with the grandparents and set out for our weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary. It was SO nice. I feel so blessed to have family close by. We enjoyed our much needed vacation and it was great to be able to spend time together before we're apart for 2 weeks. We went and saw Harry Potter, went to the temple and took our time, wandered through Ikea for 2 hours dreaming of someday when we will (hopefully) have a house and money to buy all the fun stuff we saw, and took our time eating at restaurants and actually being able to enjoy our meals. And I probably commented at least 500 times about how nice it was to get in and out of the car without having to buckle carseats, get diaper bags, etc. It was great! And we didn't get any pictures...at least not any good ones. Oh well...

It has been good to be back together as a family today. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do.

7 comments:

Larsen's said...

Seeing Emma on that tranpoline with the sprinklers makes *me* want to do that! How fun! Great update, Sarah!

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW FUN! You seem to have had a great weekend! I am happy for you!

1 thing...CORALINE...freaky movie, right?

2...Oh, how I am jealous you went to Ikea. I think I need to pack the kids up and go there. :) Like, now. :) jk

HAPPY TRIP TO IDAHO. I am sooo jealous. It makes me homesick.

Unknown said...

Your anniversary getaway sounds perfect. It is SO nice to do stuff without kids sometimes. I'm really hoping we can make something like that work for our anniversary this December.
I'm also impressed with Emma taking the dentist so well! What a champ!

Esther said...

That sounds so wonderful. I am so glad you had a good time. Yeah for getaways.

Kathy Whittle said...

Happy anniversary! Have a wonderful time in Idaho. Will you be coming through Utah?

Anonymous said...

Wow, the kids are getting big so fast! I know, I'm only saying that because I haven't checked in on the blogs in forever so I haven't seen them... I like seeing Emma waiting patiently on the dentist chair; do you think she can teach Madison how to do that? When we went, Madison was climbing on and off the chair and even found the floor switches to take it up and down; ditto at the optometrist! If I didn't bathe her so frequently, I'd say she must have ants in her pants 24-7!

Unknown said...

"It has been good to be back together as a family today. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do."

Amen to that!