Saturday, August 15, 2009

Idaho: The first few days

Time for a little update. We have been having a great time in Idaho. Hard to believe we've been here 5 days already. We drove up with some friends of ours...my friend and her 3 kids...so it was a full van. But the trip went relatively smoothly and we made it in 13 1/2 hours so we were excited.






I found this little alphabet puzzle at a consignment store that Emma loves doing.


The kids have loved having a backyard here. It is great. I really want a backyard!





Thursday Emma and I went and got hair cuts. She thought it was great. Her stylist even painted her nails and then painted flowers on them. It was really sweet. Unfortunately, she chopped Emma's hair really short. I guess it's good that she doesn't care what it looks like.


After haircuts we headed to the park for cousin Hannah's birthday party. The park had a carousel and a big water area. It was a blast.






The tongue is always sticking out...




Here's Hannah with her cake. She really wasn't interested in it though so all the kids started digging in trying to show her that it was good.
Hannah finally left after eating a couple bites and the kids took over.


After a few minutes all the kids left to watch Hannah open presents and Matthew plopped himself down in front of the cake to finish it off. It was pretty funny.


Trying on the graduation cap that was on Uncle Nathan's graduation cake

Friday we went to the river to feed the ducks. The kids loved it. Emma kept trying to get the ducks to lick her hand and Matthew just wanted to get in the water.





We went to a little park by the river to finish wearing the kids out.



1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Those pictures are makin' me homesick. TOTALLY wish I could be there right now and hanging out with you. I don't know if you have your phone yet or not, but call me. I have a proposal for ya!