For: Emma
When: Friday, March 20-Saturday March 21, 2009
Where: Grandma's house!
Emma is now diaper-free (going on 3 days!) and chose to celebrate by having a sleepover at Grandma's house. Congratulations Emma and we hope you all have a fun party!
As for Jon and I, we will be having our own potty-free party here at home. I think we'll order some pizza, watch a movie, and enjoy our nice, little break from potty training. We are so happy for Emma, and of course happy to be buying and changing that many less diapers. And I have to say, potty training has been so much easier than I ever anticipated. I am now a firm believer that when the kid is ready, they will do it on their own...something just clicks for them when they're ready and you're done. At least I hope that's the case with every kid. Maybe I'm in for a rude awakening with Matthew. :)
Either way, it's a happy day at our house! Happy weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's great! Alyssa has been using the potty all by herself too! It's wonderful!
Hey! Well we had a little set back today. I thought he might be ready to venture to the babysitter's house (with me staying there) to use their potty since he is there everyday...that was a disaster. He wouldn't leave my side the whole time and when he did he got so upset that he peed his pants. He said he wanted to go home and watch his Bear in the Big Blue house potty movie.Then he was watching movie tonight and sitting on my lap (while I was all dressed and ready to go out) and he got so pre-occupied that he peed again...all over me. We're thinking it might too early for him to realize that he needs to stop what ever he is doing and just go to the bathroom. But I'm going to keep going this weekend till I have to go back to work on Monday and we'll see what happens. We may just stop and start again when he turns 3. It's harder cause I have to work. The only reason we were doing it now is because I had the week off for Spring Break. But I'm so happy that Emma is doing well!! Congrats with that! What are you up to these days?
I know this has nothing to do with potty training, but it's crazy how much your kids look like you. :) Congrats on the potty free night.
That is so happy! I can hardly wait until Joshua is potty trained. Just hearing about Emma is giving me lots of hope about it though. Right now he's usually not that interested, but I think just one day he'll be ready too, it's just a matter of waiting until whenever that may be. Congratulations! And way to go Emma!!!
CONGRATS! I hope you guys had a great evening--
It's true that each kid clicks in their own time...some later, some earlier. :) It's just tough to wait it out and test the waters several times without being discouraged.
Post a Comment