Friday, March 13, 2009

We love the park!

Every day, all week, it has felt like Monday. I don't know why, it just has. It hasn't been a bad week, and it has actually gone by really really fast. Either way, I was really happy to wake up this morning (but not so happy about getting up at 5:40 with Matthew) and realize it was Friday. Hooray!

Now on to the real reason for my post. We had beautiful weather yesterday so we took a nice, long walk to a park that is farther away from our house. It's nice to mix things up a bit and go to new parks every once in awhile. Emma loved this park and hasn't stopped talking about it. I took the camera with us and got some cute pictures, but I couldn't decide which to post, so I'm posting my favorites.

Emma stayed in the sandbox most of the time. I can't believe she's big enough to use the digger by herself.


This is her new favorite way to swing. She swings and sings without a care in the world.

Matthew stayed in the sandbox most of the time too. He loved pushing his toes through the sand and was having a great time.

I LOVE this face...you know the face where they realize you're trying to take a picture and look away like they didn't see you.

Doesn't he have the cutest little face? I love it!

I know this isn't the greatest picture, but I just thought it was sweet. I know it kind of looks like she's trying to hurt him, but she was trying to give him a kiss.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

A few more degrees and I'm headed for the park, too. But 40 is just barely too cool for that. Cute pictures!

Nicia said...

Fun! They look so cute. I MISS CALIFORNIA!!!

Michelle said...

We indulged in jackets today, but it was still a bit chilly for barefooting in the sandbox at the park. Phooey! Glad the little ones had some fun!

Cortnie said...

Seeing your pictures of green green grass gives me spring fever. Oh how I can't wait to go to the park with my children. Even a walk outside would be awesome right now!!
Cute pictures!!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

sooo jealous of your awesome weather. Those park pictures are sooo cute! Matthew DOES have the cutest face, and Emma's hair reminds me of yours~ :)

Nicki said...

Cute pictures! I think Matthew looks a lot like you in the second to last picture.

Laura Dewey said...

I just clicked on your blog wondering why you hadn't posted for so long and then I realized I hadn't updated it to your new blog! So then I updated it. Its so fun to see your kids. They are so adorable and have grown so much!

Esther said...

How cute. I love the park. I am so glad you guys get so many beautiful days. Sometimes you really just need a good day out. Today was one of those days for us. We spent time visiting other wymount friends because it was a little to chilly to stay outside for long.

Annette said...

This looks like a great park. I love the pictures of Matthew. You got some really good ones. Emma looks like she is having a great time!