Monday, February 9, 2009

Going to BYU!

Humor me with one more Emma story. :)

Yesterday Emma found my BYU alumni pin (that I didn't even know I had). We told her it was a Y pin from BYU and she said she needed to wear it on her pajamas. She wore it all evening and we took it off before she went to bed. Fast forward to this morning.

Emma (yelling from her room right when she woke up): Mommy! Where are you? I want to go to BYU!
Me: You want to go to BYU?
Emma: Yeah. I have to go to BYU. Where's my Y pin?
Me (putting the pin on her pj's): There you go.
Emma: K, let's go!
Me: We can't go today. BYU is in Utah and Utah is really far.
Emma: How far?
Me: We would have to drive the car and Daddy has the car today.
Emma: Oh. Let's go to Chuck E Cheese!

She has wanted to go to BYU twice since this morning. I think she'll make her grandpa proud someday. :)

8 comments:

Nicia said...

That is sooooo cute! Absolutely adorable. Thanks for the story. It totally brought a smile to my face!

Unknown said...

Aw, cute! A true cougar cub. That's a really funny story!

Stephanie said...

Cute! Start them early on the college path, huh?

Nicki said...

Emma is such a funny little girl! We're glad she already knows where her loyalty lies - go Cougars!

Rachel Holloway said...

totally funny! That's our Emma!! :)

Steve said...

Yes Emma!!!! My litter Cougar girl! Even her pjs are blue. I love this girl!!

Esther said...

That is so cute. How funny.

Kathy Whittle said...

Hey, if we're still around, it could be like old times with her coming to visit us!! Pretty funny story.