We've had a lot of rain lately and so we have spent a lot of time in the house. We made crowns one day last week and Emma insisted that she and Matthew have black crowns. (she also picked her outfit)
We have also been in train heaven. A nice couple in our ward heard about Emma's love of trains and gave us this train set that their boys had outgrown. The timing couldn't have been better either, with all the rain this week. It has definitely helped us all keep our sanity.
Last Saturday Jon had to take a Ham Radio certification class in the city. I dropped him off and then took the kids to the children's museum there. We spent a couple hours there and had a blast, as always. Jon enjoyed his class, passed his test, and is now a certified ham! (Yeah, that's really what they call them)
Emma was SO excited to pet the bunny
Emma was SO excited to pet the bunny
On Valentine's Day I made pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Then we dropped the kids off at a babysitter's and Jon and I went on a little date. We ate lunch at a little crepe cafe and then got some chocolate at See's. It was all so yummy and was a perfect date.
5 comments:
What a nice blog post. Your pancakes look yummy! How cool that you got that train set - we have one like that too...can you believe I am saving it for future grandkids?!?! Those sets are classic...
Have fun on your vacation! That sounds like it's going to be fun.
Benjamin has a much smaller version of that train set, and he loves it. He keeps asking for a "stop sign" for his train. It's nice that it's a set that's so easy to add on to!
I love those train sets.... they are the one toy my children haven't managed to totally ruin within 1 month of getting it! They are great for the imagination too. Awesome!
Sounds like a fun Valentines Day, all of a sudden I want crepes for breakfast.....
Looks like you've had a fun couple of weeks and a wonderful Valentine's Day!
What fun it is to do the trains. That is so neat that someone just heard about Emma and gave them to you. I love your pancakes. I guess we all do that tradition.
Post a Comment