Thursday, November 20, 2008

Esther's Visit- Lots and Lots of Pictures

My sister, Esther, came to visit last week. She brought her daughter Hannah who is 3 months old. It was fun to finally meet her. We had a great visit and the weather was absolutely perfect the whole time they were here. We took advantage of that and stayed busy seeing a ton of stuff. So, in no particular order, here are a TON of pictures.

Matthew and Hannah in the bath


These two were so cute together. Matthew would sit by her and talk and talk and she just stared at him like he was crazy.

Here he is putting a bracelet on her foot.

Emma LOVED Baby Hannah and was always asking where she was.

We went to Dreamworks and had lunch with Jon on Friday. This is a little display from Madagascar 2 of a penguin with a welder. I just thought the picture was cute.

Friday we also went to a play group at an indoor gym...kind of like a gymboree type thing. They have all sorts of miniature gymnastics equipment and a huge castle with ball pits and slides. It was SO cool. Unfortunately the camera batteries died at the beginning.
The next several pictures are from Saturday. We went to Point Reyes. It is a national seashore north of San Francisco. It was a little bit of a drive but it was beautiful. Again, the weather was perfect and we really enjoyed the day.

How cute is this kid???

We hiked down to this light house. It was quite a hike but the views were gorgeous.

Getting ready to walk down. The sign said there are 308 steps down...the equivalent of a 30 story building. That's a lot of stairs! I wish you could see Matthew's face better in this picture. Getting ready to go back up.

Hiking back up. Emma decided she wanted to walk up, but that didn't last too long. Jon was the lucky one who got to carry her. Thanks Jon!

Just a pretty view of the ocean

This was actually right after we got to Point Reyes. We walked around the information center/museum and then had a little picnic. Matthew was really getting into my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
There was a group of really short tree stumps that Emma had a blast playing in.



This tree was a hit too. She thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Another fun, cool tree.

Matthew enjoyed his ride

Just in case you've wondered if it's possible to fit 2 babies in a carseat...they look a lot more uncomfortable in this picture than they did at the time. :)


Our attempt at getting a family snapshot.

Monday, Esther and I took the kids to Baker Beach in San Francisco. I had never been, but a friend told me about it. It was such a great beach and had some amazing views. Before we went I looked up directions on google map but typed Bakers Beach instead of Baker Beach. We about died when we saw the directions. It had me drive to the coast, kayak across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii, cross the island, kayak across the Pacific Ocean to Japan, travel across Japan (at this point the directions were in Japanese), and then kayak across the Pacific Ocean to Bakers Beach in Australia. Total distance: 14,389 miles. Total travel time: 55 days 9 hours. Do I need to bring my own kayak???

We found the beach and it's really not that far. I am excited to be able to go back again. Here are some pictures from our day at the beach.

Esther made a little seat in the sand for Hannah

Isn't this view so pretty?

Emma was braving the water and fell in, so we took her wet clothes off. I love that it is warm enough in November to run around in nothing but a diaper.
This was one happy kid. He loved all the sand. I love how the wind is blowing his fluffy hair straight up. It cracks me up.
After looking at this for a couple hours, we decided we needed to go walk across it, since neither of us have done it. (I made it halfway when Emma was a baby). We headed over and enjoyed a nice little walk and some more perfect weather. We didn't have enough quarters for the parking meter to give us enough time to walk the whole bridge, so once again, I made it about halfway.
In addition to all of this, we were able to get in some shopping, bow and bracelet making, and lots of visiting. Thanks Esther for coming to visit. We had a great time!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

What a HUGE post! I'm so jealous of you three sisters...you see one another much more than Calista, LaNita and I see each other. Looks like it was tons of fun. It was really cute to see the babies together!

Nicki said...

Emma and Matthew look so much bigger, even though it's only been a couple months! We can't wait to see you guys again. Cute pictures!

Rachel Holloway said...

Holy WOW! Hannah is puttin' on the pounds fast! :) She is already filling out from when I saw her last!! I sure have cute nieces and Nephews!! Matthew is looking so full of personality and Emma is funny as always...diaper dancing and all!

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I want to know where all that stuff was when I was visiting! It looks amazing! :)

Nicia said...

Wow! Props to you guys for doing that 30 story hike! Looked like it was worth it though. Glad you had fun with your sister!

Esther said...

I love the pictures you posted. It was so much fun. I loved going there. and the weather really was perfect.