The park is huge and is a lot of fun. We went there first and Emma was in heaven. We had the park to ourselves...since it was 9 am...so Emma was running and squealing and laughing. It was great.
Emma loved this dinosaur (dragon...whatever it is) and just wanted to touch his eyes.
This tube has air blowing up from underneath, so the kids can stick the foam pieces in and watch them fly. It was a hit with all of the kids there.
Then we went to see the animals...the handful they had. This was seriously the smallest museum I've ever seen. There were a couple snakes, frogs, slugs, an otter, badger, fox, and a coyote. They also a bird and butterfly area that was empty because it's winter. So, not much...but we managed to spend almost 2 hours there. Emma loved it so much we walked the entire museum two times.
They had a cave that was supposed to be like an animals underground home. There were these acorns in it but Emma kept calling them corn pops.
Jon said to title this picture "Close encounters of the otter kind".
I know it's a bad picture, but I just thought it was cool how close he got.
All in all a great time. We will definitely be back next month!
5 comments:
How fun that this museum is close to your home! Sometimes the smaller places end up being the best - smaller crowds, smaller prices, etc., but still lots of fun for the kids. I like the bars by the windows too. Great idea!
hooray! I am glad you got to go there. I love how your museums offer so many free days! How fun!
And Emma's hair is getting SO long...and so much thicker. I can tell she is getting that "little girl hair now, instead of baby fine hair. Well...at least it looks like it. :)
I love your blog! It has been fun catching up. Although small, that museum still looks great. Sea otter? Cool. I think we will bring James to the seattle aquarium on Monday. Jay is taking a day off. It is a nice treat when we have our husbands during the week.
I love finding free things to do! Looks like a good park and museum. I love the pictures of Emma reaching for the dragon's eyes!
What a great place! Love the Sunday pictures of the kids. Emma looks like a pretty busy little girl.
Post a Comment