Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Day at the Beach

We were needing to get out and get some fresh air yesterday and, once again, the weather was perfect, so we headed to the beach. Jon wanted to see Baker Beach, where Esther and I went on Monday and we both wanted to see nearby China Beach. We went to China Beach first. All the sand was really wet and it was tiny and rocky, but we had it mostly to ourselves and the view was great. We had brought a picnic lunch and had all of our food sitting out. Jon had gone to explore, Emma ran after him, and I ran after her. Meanwhile, the seagulls came and took most of our lunch. Nice...Anyway, here are some pictures.

China Beach

After China Beach we went up the road to Baker Beach. I like this beach better. The sand is drier and it's a little warmer there. Emma even wore her swimsuit. I love California weather!

We saw a whale (or dolphin) so Jon and Emma went to get a better look at it and explore the beach while I got Matthew to sleep. They are so cute together.
Emma is such a little beach bum. All day she kept asking if we could go to another beach.




Matthew took a nice long nap. He slept almost the whole time we were there.


After the beach it was bathtime



Trying to climb up Dad's leg

Emma has a slight, okay MAJOR obsession with Thomas the Train. He goes pretty much everywhere with her. Jon calls this picture train track to heaven.
I love days like this, when there is no rush to be anywhere or do anything. We get to just enjoy being with each other and it feels like it can't get any better than it is in that moment.

4 comments:

Nicia said...

Sounds like the perfect day! The cape is made out of just a bath towel and washcloth. So easy it's not even funny. You can get the template for it off the Martha Stewart website, and type in Super Hero Capes in the search bar there....that is if you wanted to make it of course. :)

Rachel Holloway said...

SUCH A FUN DAY! I totally need one of those.

I am really glad you guys got out and about and were able to enjoy so much fun time together. Swimsuits in November? Wow. Impressive!

Holly R said...

I love your pictures. They make me want to really come visit the Pacific. I am glad your family is doing well.

Kathy Whittle said...

Gosh, I'm envious of your gorgeous warmer weather! Loved your comment at the end about the moment. Your mom gave me a wall hanging once that said, Be Content with the Moment - I always loved that saying. What a beautiful day for your family!