Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a Guy

I love my husband! He is so sweet and thoughtful and really goes out of his way to do things that he knows will make us happy. I have been so spoiled the last several days.


Last week he surprised me with this pillow. His grandma has one and I used it when we were at their house right after Emma was born. I have wanted one ever since. Anyway, he used his lunch break one day to find one because he remembered that it was something I had wanted. It has been great, especially for nursing. I don't slouch as much and it helps my back a ton.


Yesterday I found this toy shelf on Craigslist. I have REALLY wanted one for a long time. We have been using a big wicker chest and it was just a mess. So I found this and asked Jon if he could pick it up on his way home from work. I try not to send him to pick stuff up because after work he is tired and just wants to get home and it's not his favorite thing to do. But since he usually has the car and the places are between his work and our house, he usually gets stuck doing it. He agreed to do it even though it meant he also had to stop and get cash on his way. So he picked it up, but didn't stop there.



He also got some sand for Emma's sandbox. I was SO surprised because I didn't even know we had a sandbox. Jon's parents let us borrow it and brought it out on Saturday...I must have just missed the conversation where they told us that they put it on the back porch.
I can't tell you how excited I am to have this sandbox with sand in it. Our park has a huge sandbox...with a water spicket next to it. And the sandbox is Emma's new obsession. She won't play anywhere else when we go to the park. So we go and she gets covered from head to toe in mud. Then the stroller gets covered in her mud and I get covered in her mud. It has been frustrating. So this was like Christmas for me.


I had to post this picture because it was so funny. When I asked Emma what she was doing she said she was smelling the sand. Hmm....okay.


Just a cute dancing picture. I really don't know where he gets his energy. It wears me out just watching them but they have such a good time together.


Thank you Jon for all that you do. We love you!

10 comments:

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

That toy shelflooks alot like the one we have.

Emma looks so cute. That whole smelling the sand thing is so funny!

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SO awesome! What a great guy you have!!!

And I about died laughing about your funny sandbox stories--from not knowing about it to Emma smelling it...HILARIOUS!

Yeah for all your new stuff! Sounds like Christmas for sure!

Shayla said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! Now we can be blog friends! And you're not a terrible friend, I'm just as bad as you are. :) I can't believe you have two kids now...they are ADORABLE! Those pictures on a few posts down are SO cute...congrats! We'll have to keep in touch better via blog. :)

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

You really do have one of the sweetest/greatest guys around! All your new "gifts" look so fun. I love the picture of Emma smelling the sand - sounds perfectly normal to me, a child wanting to know what sand smells like. :) A great picture of Jon and Emma too.

Stephanie said...

That's so sweet! Getting you the pillow, picking stuff up after work, getting sand for the sand box - what a great husband!

Emma in the sand box is really cute. That's funny that you didn't even know you had it! Sounds like something I would do - just not even notice!

Annette said...

I sure miss seeing Emma every day- and all of you. I am so glad I got to visit. I don't have to imagine what Emma is like playing in the sand. I KNOW how much she loves it. I can just hear her saying that about smelling it. She has such a sweet little voice. I love you! I'm glad you got the pillow and toy shelf. I know those will help so much.

Melinda said...

that's so sweet! i like emma's cooment about smelling the sand. come to think of it, sand does have a singular scent...

Mike Hiatt said...

This is my first response. I hope I can do this. I so enjoy watching your family grow and do the special things that make your family so unique.
Dad

Esther said...

That is so nice of Jon to do. He really is a great guy. How fun for you to get all sorts of fun new things. That is great. I love it when I finally get something we have wanted for a long time.

Paul said...

What a sweet, intuitive husband you have! We still need to get some sand for Benjamin's sandbox. I love that Emma smells it!