Friday we picked Jon up from work and did a little shopping. We finally got a dvd player (I know, we're moving on up in the world) and a potty seat for Emma. I don't think she'll be potty trained any time really soon. I just want to have her start practicing sitting on the seat. She loves her little toilet though, so we've taken a small step in the right direction.
We also bought Emma a bike for her birthday. We got the Radio Flyer Fold 2 Go because it was the only one really small enough that she almost fits it. AND it was $20 off. So we got a sweet deal. She loved it and wouldn't get off it while we were at the store. She even tried to ride it out of the store. Now the challenge is going to be keeping it hidden for the next 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure she's forgotten about it by now, I just don't know if I can wait that long to give it to her.
Anyway, after our shopping trip we came home and watched Meet the Robinsons. If you haven't seen it yet, SEE IT. Totally cute movie for everyone. We all loved it.
Saturday Jon went to the temple in the morning. It's been a while since either of us have gotten to go, so I'm glad he was able to go. Saturday night we went to the park so Emma could run off some of her energy. She spent the entire time in the sandbox, which really should be called the mud pit. She had a great time and got a good bath when we got home.
Sunday the kids slept in till 8:00! We have church at 9 so we had to get up anyway, but it was nice to be able to get completely ready before they were up. AND, we made it to church on time.
I also got a calling yesterday. I am the Achievement Day leader with one other lady. This was the calling I had in our last ward so I'm kind of familiar with it. I'm excited to be doing something calling-wise again and excited for this calling.
After church I gave Jon his father's day present. I put together a slideshow of pictures of him and the kids and family pictures. I've posted it on the side of my blog if anyone wants to see it. Fathers day dinner was steak and baked potatoes. The highlight of the meal for Jon was the A-1. :) For dessert we made chocolate covered strawberries and cherries. YUM!
After dinner I cut Jon's hair and then he and Emma went swimming in the shower- one of Emma's new favorite summertime activities. He's such a good dad.
Jon's brother comes home from his mission in Wisconsin today. We are so excited to see him. He left a few weeks before Emma was born so this will be his first time meeting either of the kids. Anyway, we're going to the airport tonight to see him. Fun times! He is such a funny guy and I think Emma is going to love him.
It was really hot Friday and by the time dinner had cooked the kitchen was way too hot to be in, so we had a little picnic dinner in the living room.
Emma in the mud pit. This is how she ends up looking every time we leave the park. I love having the sandbox in our backyard!
The classic pumping picture. I'm sure everyone with a breast pump has one of these pictures.\
Matthew joined us in bed Sunday morning. I love how he sleeps with his arms up. So funny.
Our yummy dessert
9 comments:
I love your slideshow! There were so many pics I hadn't seen!!!
What a great way to spend the weekend--I think there is no greater gift than PEACE and enjoying each other's company.
....and WOW those strawberries look YUMMY!
I think you're amazing for letting Emma get so dirty at the park. I would get too freaked out about the mess to allow Zaylee to have that kind of fun. I need to work on that. Emma's hair turned out really cute. Great job on the haircut! And I love the picture of Emma with the breast pump - so cute!
Wow! The sandbox really is a mud pit! Emma sure looks to be having a great time in it though. Good for you ....letting her get dirty:)
The strawberries look YUMMY! Matthew is a doll, that is cute...his arms up while sleeping:)
What a fun muddy picture! Evie doesn't care for mud (just makeup and flour and formula and anything ELSE messy...) and I think it's the cutest pic of Emma. Her hair's adorable, too.
I, too, love how babies sleep with their hands over their heads. So cute!
And am so glad Jon got to go to the temple and enjoy his father's day!
Sounds like you had a fun father's day weekend! Those strawberries look amazing.
Emma's hair turned out great! You have two VERY cute kids.
Glad you guys had a fun weekend. That's great Jon got some temple time. I love little Emma's hair! You did a good job. My kids all slept with their arms over their heads. Nathan did it with the blanket in his hands and covered his head every night.
I can't wait to see her ride her bike! I love all the pictures you take and seeing Emma and Matthew.
Just wanted to say hi! Thanks for your comment on Supermom Central and posting our button! This is a totally cute blog with darling pics - can't believe how sweet your two little ones are together! Great job catching those precious moments.
The fruit looks yummy. Emmas hair is so cute, you have so many cute pictures!
Post a Comment