Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Haircut

I decided yesterday it was time to give Emma her first haircut. It's always in the way and she tends to get a lot of food in it. It's pretty gross. So we stuck her in front of a movie (yes, she watches movies on the computer. We're hopefully getting a dvd player this week), put on the cape, and put the scissors to work. I was pretty scared because hair cutting is NOT my thing. I do an okay job on Jon's hair, but I get to use clippers with him. I am horrible at cutting straight, so hopefully all the imperfections in her haircut won't be too noticable. It was a little sad to see the hair go but I'm glad it's done.

Today was a good day. It was supposed to be hot, so I decided we'd get out and do something outside in the morning before it got too bad. We walked the mile to the library only to find out that it didn't open for another 45 minutes. Bummer! So, we walked to the park, which was on the way home, and stayed for awhile before heading home.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We all took naps and then played inside the rest of the day. Tonight I think we're going to watch Dan in Real Life. I've seen it and liked it, but Jon's never seen it. I'm curious to see what he thinks. He watches movies so differently than me, so I never know.

Anyway, it's time to start getting Emma in bed so I'm going to go now.


The before shot


The first cut


Kind of annoyed that Jon asked her to look at the camera. :)


It's hard to see, but this is about how short it is now.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on Emma's first haircut! I was pretty nervous both times I took scissors to Zaylee's hair. But the good thing is that, at this age, they're cute no matter what - even with a "nervous mommy" haircut! From the pictures it looks like you did a pretty good job.

Rachel Holloway said...

I only did that until Jenna's hair got really long and thick. No way on earth you would catch me with a pair of scissors around it! :) You did a great job though! Impressive! But what is even MORE impressive is that you actually have a hair-cutting cape. :) WOW!

Melinda said...

cute cut! it turned out good and i can't wait to see it all dry and 'done'. good job.

Nicia said...

How fun! I would be so nervous to do my daughter hair! Good thing she has none! ...uh...ok, so I'm lying. I'd love her to have that much hair!

Paul said...

Good job! I think it looks good! Cutting hair freaks me out too. I stopped cutting Paul's because I got too paranoid after making so many "little" mistakes. He didn't care of course, but I can't handle the pressure. I guess I'm sort of a perfectionist.

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

What a great idea to have Emma watch a movie while you cut her hair! The other day I ran across the envelope that had hair from Emily's first haircut.
I know what you mean about the movies - Dave and I watch movies really differently too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the blog.