So it finally happened...after 3 LONG weeks, Matthew's umbilical cord FINALLY fell off. I don't know what it is about the cord that I just can't stand. Maybe it's how nasty it looked. Or the fact that he could only have sponge baths until it came off. I just felt like I could never really get him clean without putting him in a real bath. So, when I went to change his diaper this morning and saw that it was gone, he went right in the bath tub. And of course Emma had to get in too. I never thought I'd be so excited about giving my kids a bath. He screamed at first but did really well after the initial shock. I love my clean little guy!

Here are a few more pictures of the kids together. Emma is such a good big sister. She loves to have Matthew sit in her doll stroller so she can push him around. It's the perfect size for now and it's just so cute.

This has become a tradition lately. Emma loves to have Matthew lay in bed with her while we sing songs at bedtime. Again, I think it's so cute.

More cuddle time. I thought it was funny how it looks like Matthew is giving her a hug. I think really he had just rolled into her.
I love having two kids. I love seeing Emma interact with Matthew. I can't wait till they're older and can really interact with each other.
12 comments:
How sweet! You'll have to keep those pictures on hand as reminders once the sibling rivalry starts in a few years. Until then, what a wonderful time they'll have together!
Those are some really darling sibling pictures! Keep them to remind the kids that there was a time that they actually got along!
HOW CUTE! Jenna did the same thing with Spencer in our little stroller! Made me laugh...
I love how they are "hugging"...so cuddly and cute!
He is really starting to develop and grow. ENJOY this stage!
I love the one with Matthew in the stroller - so cute! And congratulations on getting to give him a real bath - hooray for getting clean!
Those are such cute pictures of them together! I love the one of her pushing him in her tiny stroller. Emma is such a cute older sister.
That is a long time for an umbilical cord to hang on. So horray for that finally coming off and for real baths!
What sweet kids. Samuel had to go to the doctor to have his cord removed, it was stubborn. And I accidently yanked William's off at 1 1/2 weeks. Changing his diaper in the middle of the night, Mark woke up and asked me what on earth I had done to the poor baby! That's great he liked his bath! What a cute little guy!
What little cuddle bugs! I hope I have kids that like each other:)
I love the pictures! Emma has been good with him from the start. I can't wait to see them again.
You have a great little family. I am so impressed with all that you do as a family. I can hardly wait ot see you all. Emma is growing up so fast. Matthew is so cute. Thank you for keeping is up-dated. I love you all.
haha that's so cute!
Those are all really sweet photos! Matthew looks like a little doll in the stroller!
I also rejoiced the day when the umbilical cord falls off! Happy day!
All these pictures are so precious! You can tell that Emma really loves her little Matthew!
Post a Comment