We are officially cable free! After several weeks of debating and going back and forth we finally got rid of our cable. And it feels GOOD. We were tired of dumping so much money into something that we rarely used. We each have a couple shows we like to watch but really, I don't miss them. And it will be nice to have that extra money every month. We did sign up for Netflix because we really enjoy watching movies, but it's still 1/4 of the cost of cable and will get a lot more use. Does anyone have any good movie suggestions???
Aahhh...it feels good to "declutter" our lives a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Way to go! Yeah, we decided against getting cable because it's a lot of money just so I could spend all day watching the food network!
As for movies, I'm weird - I like all those adventure superhero movies, like Daredevil, Fantastic Four, you know, the cheesy Comic book hero ones (sheepish grin). I'm also a sucker for a good happy-ending romantic comedy.
We have batted back and forth on getting cable or satellite tv. I would be like Steph, watching food networks, or TLC or other home decor channels. It would be on all the time! I would love the discovery channel someday, but money IS a big deciding factor. My friend shells out a load of money every month, and they're never home to watch it. We also use netflix, with the unlimited online option, because we too are movie fanatics. Enjoy that extra money!
We also chose the 'no-cable-Netflix-instead' route. Some of the ones we've enjoyed recently were Stardust, the Water Horse, I am Legand, Enchanted, Breach, Next, Meet the Robinsons, Ratatouille, Red Eye and Premonition. They are all different genres, but PG-13 or lower. Hope that helps your movie search!
Yeah for you! Decluttering always feels so good. I watch almost no t.v. so I'm right there with you on getting rid of our dish network. Now if I could just convince some others in our house.... :)
Good job! We have been saying we're going to do this exact same thing for a while now....after American Idol...after....wait, there's really nothing worth watching anymore. Thanks for being an inspiration to us. It's time we cut the cord too!
I wish we could get rid of cable, having it around has prevented me from doing alot of my home work.
As for movies, hairspray was cute, and Alvin and the chipmunks. Other than that I haven't seen many new movies, there is always Little house in the Prarie.
We never started cable or dish, there's not time to watch that much tv if you're doing all the stuff you should be anyway. We have an atenna and get all the major networks. That's enough for us:) Have fun freeing up your time and simplifying your life:)
I keep asking my husband if we can ditch the overpriced cable, but he's too into BYU sports to let it go. )o: Oh well, maybe if the football team is bad enough this year, then he'll agree.
Post a Comment