Monday, April 7, 2008

A Little Bit of What We've Been Up To

Last week was pretty long and I felt like I just dragged myself through every day. Emma was sick most of the week so everything was thrown off. She wasn't sleeping and sick kids just make for a long day. I'm sure everyone understands. But it really made me appreciate the few times that she was feeling good and was happy. I can't really think of anything newsworthy from the last couple weeks though I'm sure something happened. So, here are some random pictures instead.


Emma loves to help with whatever I'm doing so putting the silverware away is her designated job. This was one of her first attempts but she has gotten a lot better since and will usually get most of the silverware in the right place facing the right way.



Emma and I decided to do a little exploring a couple weeks ago and try something new. Emma LOVES the trains here. We can see them from our house and she always stops everything she is doing to watch or listen to them. So, I decided it would be fun to ride the train to the mall and do a little shopping. It was all fun and games until she realized we were getting on the train and not just watching it. She really wasn't sure what to think but once we got going it was better. She loved watching the cars and houses out the window. It was a fun little trip.




I can't believe how long Emma's hair is getting. It usually doesn't look this long because it curls when it dries. I love her hair but sometimes I really just want to cut it. What to do???


While we enjoyed a really good general conference on Saturday, Emma enjoyed watching the Bee Movie, without sound. She usually won't watch movies or tv for more than a few minutes but she sat here for 1/2 hour. It was totally cute and it was great to be able to hear a few talks.

9 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

I'm sorry to hear Emma was sick - that is never fun! Darling pictures, and how fun to get to go on a train ride!

Anonymous said...

Madison loves helping to unload the dishwasher, but she won't limit herself to the silverware (which she can't really hurt) she wants to put away the glasses and plates! Emma's hair looks so pretty, I'm not sure I would cut it. We have been trimming Madison's for a long time because it was so very short and we were trying to get it out to all one length. Now that we're finally there, I have no intention of cutting it for a while (except for her bangs) because she loves her hair and likes to have it done up periodically. The stickers are so cute! If Maddi finds stickers, she will put them all over the nearest piece of paper, but she won't wear them. I think the only sticker I've seen her wear is the smiley face at Wal-Mart, and then only for a few minutes; then she's sticking it on me!

Rachel Holloway said...

How fun! We've missed you in the blogosphere! :) Welcome back.

As always, loving the pics of Emma. JEALOUS that you got some peace while watching conference!

Stephanie said...

I know what you mean about wanting to cut her hair. Zaylee's is long and quite unruly. I can get it up in a ponytail or pigtails, but I really just want to chop it off. But I'm scared to, because I don't think she's hold still, and it would end up looking like she did it herself! Oh, dilemma!

Zaylee also loves stickers. If she finds any, they immediately go on her hand, clothes, etc. After that, she unsticks them and shares with us.

Paul said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad Emma is feeling better. Sick kids totally rock all schedules and sanity.
That's fun that you got to go for a train ride! I'm hoping Benjamin will be ok on an airplane in a few days. He is always pointing them out in the sky, but it is a whole different game when you actually go on one. Toddlerhood is funny how it brings out all sorts of fears that never caused a problem before!

Unknown said...

Wow, what pretty hair...Reagan has NONE so I am totally jealous! The bee movie must be really good. I've been wanting to see it so we'll have to rent it.

Thanks so much for your advice, mom advice helps so much. I'm going to hand in there and just start waking her up earlier so I can move everything earlier in order to get in 2 naps! Thank you!

J & A Danes said...

It must be fun to live somewhere that there is SO much to do. Maybe because I have been in Idaho my entire life, I get bored with what they have here. Maybe that is why I like dreaming about taking a vacation so much......

J & A Danes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

I love the picture with Emma helping. Evie gets that job, too! And on the haircut, I keep telling myself to just take Evie and do it, but I really like it how it is...guess we'll see what I end up doing. Glad to hear you got some peace during Conference, and I hope Emma gets better soon.