Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Tag

I've been tagged so here goes...
First, list some of your most memorable holiday traditions from your childhood that just make you go all warm and fuzzy because they were just so much fun or made you feel your Savior's love. Secondly, tell about your holiday traditions now, because we frequently will pick up new traditions from our other half when we get married, or drop old ones because they don't fit with who we are now.
Growing up we had a lot of Christmas traditions, most of which we did on Christmas Eve, but I'll try and get a variety.
-doing the 12 days of Christmas for another family (or giving them a piece of a nativity each night with a scripture until they had the complete set on Christmas Eve)
-reading Christmas stories from the big Christmas book and always reading Luke 2 on Christmas Eve
-giving a gift to Christ on Christmas Eve. We write down our gift to Christ and put it in a little lantern ornament that each of us have. We also read the gift we gave Christ the previous year.
-giving sibling gifts on Christmas Eve. We either drew names or rotated and that is the one present we opened early.
-each getting a box of cereal for Christmas and then eating it for breakfast that day.
-getting a new ornament each year. Mom usually picked them out and they represented us or something we had done that year.
I know there are more but that's all I can think of for now.
As for the second part, I don't know that Jon and I really have any Christmas traditions yet. We have only been married for 2 Christmases and have spent each one with family. We have fun decorating and we've done gingerbread houses each year but that's about it. I'm excited to see what everyone else's traditions are so that we can get some ideas for new ones for us!
If you're reading this consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did this one with us! So, I'm curious about the gift to Christ...What kinds of things were your gifts to Christ? Acts of service, things about yourself that you're going to try to change? I would love to know, since that sounds like it would be meaningful kind of tradition to have. Thanks :)