Thursday, November 15, 2007

Any Suggestions?

I've wanted to ask for a long time if anyone has any suggestions of good books to read. I am on a book reading kick again and really need some ideas. I really like historic novels, church books, that kind of thing, but after reluctantly reading the Twilight series and liking it, I am open to pretty much anything.
While I'm asking for suggestions, here goes another one. Does anyone know of foods that help with nausea or that were good to eat while you were pregnant? I haven't really been sick but I just have a hard time finding foods that look/sound/taste good. I would love to know what you all found helpful. Feel free to suggest away.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Books...I really enjoyed the Amelia Peabody series recently. It's victorian-era egyptologist/sleuth. Fun, but only for about the first six books. After that it gets tedious. As soon as I remember who wrote them, I'll post that.

Melinda said...

Got it. Elizabeth Peters. She's a fun author and really clean comedy. I loved them.

Anonymous said...

For historical novels, I would say that my favorite is Sharon Kay Penman. She has a series beginning with "Here Be Dragons" that tells the stories of King John (brother to Richard the Lionheart), his daughter, and her husband the Welsh Prince. Very interesting, detailed citations at the end, and very clean. As for the nausea, I don't know that I can help much; I don't think I ever found anything that helped me that much, although I tended to prefer things that were cold. Good luck with that :)

Laura Dewey said...

Have you read, "The Other Side of Heaven"/"In the Eye of the Storm". I just finished it and thought it was so inspiring.

This pregnancy I had a thing for yogurt, especially lemon flavored, and other tangy things like starburst and sherbit, but my first pregnancy was different, so it probably just depends on you and this pregnancy.

Unknown said...

I personally like a book called the B of M. It's pretty good, mostly clean and has a good message. :) Just kidding ha ha.
Why don't you read the biography of someone that interests you. Those are always interesting and cool books.

Bethany said...

I think I agree that every pregnancy is different (although this is just my first). I can't do the yogurt thing ... it makes me gag. But I have a good piece of toast (or two ... or three) every day and I enjoy that!!

As for books ... I'm just reading juvenile literature right now, so I'm afraid I won't be much help for you.

Katie Hutson said...

Shackleton's Stowaway is a great read!! And I love almost all Newbery Award books--just read Crispin...I enjoyed it. Hubenuer vs. Hitler is an excellent book as wekk (I am not sure I spelled Hubenuer correctly but oh well!)

As for pregnancy...I am right there with you...I don't feel sick but sometimes certain foods just sound gross to me, try smoothies...when I was pregnant with Eli I had a smoothie about 3 times a week. Whole fruit pops are a great snack too!! I enjoy toasted bagels with plain cream cheese for breakfast. Just a couple of ideas:)

Katie Hutson said...

that should have said "well"--not "wekk"!!

Anonymous said...

If you aren't too picky about what kind of church books, the "Left Behind" series is really good. I'm in the middle of it, and it has a lot of inspiring passages; it's about the rapture, and such.

As for pregnancy...I didn't have a lot of morning sickness, but I did find that minty stuff calmed my stomach if I felt sick. And french toast. that was good too.