Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Few of My Favorites

I've come across a few recipes lately that have quickly become staples in our house. So, for my sake and if anyone is wanting some new recipes to try, here they are.

Salsa Verde Chicken Wraps



I use whatever salsa I have, usually Herdez. I also cook the chicken and peppers together and then add the other ingredients, so it's all warm. These are amazing and so so easy. I want one right now! 


Honey Baked Chicken


Jon was really wary of this because he doesn't like curry and the kids thought it smelled disgusting. But everybody ate it up and loved it, which is really really rare with my picky kids! I used 4 chicken breasts, but other than that followed the recipe. 


Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my absolute favorite meals of all time. I could eat this every night and never get tired of it. Mmmm...we ate it tonight and I made enough that we get to have it again tomorrow. I can't wait! So, on to the recipe...I always use whatever veggies I have. Tonight I used carrots, zucchini, and asparagus. I've also used peas, grean beens, corn, mushrooms...really the possibilities are endless. And because I'm lazy I usually just use a can of chicken instead of cooking chicken ahead of time. I also just use 2% milk and it works just fine. Last, I am horrible at making pie crusts, so I just mix up a batch of biscuit dough and drop it by the spoonful on top of the filling. It's amazing...I want to go eat more right now!




I got this recipe from my friend Erica, and after making it only one time it made it's way to the top of my favorites list. It's incredibly easy and so tasty and the fact that it's a crock pot recipe earns it bonus points! There's really not much else to say...I follow the recipe with Erica's adaptations and it's amazing!



 I don't think this should technically be called whole wheat bread, since they also use white flour, but whatever. So, I've never actually used bread flour. But I do a mix of whole wheat and white flours. I usually use 4-6 cups of whole wheat flour and decrease the white flour accordingly. I am working my way up to making it with only whole wheat, but want to make sure it'll turn out okay with the changes. Also, I don't use yeast packets...I just have the big Costco pack of yeast. So the conversion is 4 tsp yeast for this recipe. That's about it...this is SO easy and SO good. I just made a batch (3 loaves) on Thursday and there are only 2 slices left. It's just that good.


1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Thanks for posting these recipes!! YUM!