I've started blogging so many times and just keep getting stuck. So, I'm just going to sum up the last several weeks and hope that I can be better about staying up to date in the future.
January was rough. For so many reasons. Lots of screaming, not a lot of sleep. Alyssa randomly started having bouts of severe pain where she just screams and screams. The doctor can't figure out what's going on, but it does seem to be getting a little better. It's affected her sleep too, which was a huge bummer. I don't know that I have ever been so tired in my life as I was last month.
With all of Alyssa's issues and needing so much extra time and attention, Ellie started acting out, throwing fits, and hitting like crazy. So it was a rough few weeks with her too, understandably. I've been trying to make an extra effort to spend more time with her and give her the attention that she needs and it's been slowly getting better.
Jon also got the flu in January, which was rough. Thankfully the rest of us avoided it (he was the only one in our family who didn't get the flu shot). It was a rough few days!
One of the more pleasant things about January was the weather. It was absolutely amazing. A good chunk of the month was sunny and 70 degrees. We were out in shorts and t-shirts at the park, soaking up the sun. It was hard to be sad about the drought we're in when it was so incredibly nice outside.
I've been on a major spring cleaning kick lately and it has been awesome! It feels so good to get rid of stuff and to simplify. I feel so much better when our home is clean, organized and decluttered.
We went to the wrap party for Peabody and Sherman, which is the most recent film that Jon worked on. They held the party at the Exploratorium in San Francisco, which was so fun. Unfortunately the only picture we got was Jon drinking from the toilet fountain...haha.
Alyssa turned 4 months this week. She is 12 lb 6 oz and 24 inches. We've got another petite little girl! When she's not having one of her painful episodes she is a really happy girl. She laughs quite a bit. Her favorite thing is watching the kids jump. She thinks it's hysterical.
Emma is our resident note writer. She has surprised me so many times with the sweetest notes. I love it! She is such a thoughtful little girl. This was her most recent note.
Almost every night when Emma says her prayers she says she's grateful for Alyssa and follows with "and please bless her to grow up to be a smart, kind, beautiful girl like me". So humble!
Emma is really starting to understand jokes and especially loves making plays on words. I have a t-shirt with two surfers on it that says "I'm at a board meeting". Every time she sees it she cracks up. "I get it. A board meeting...like surf boards". Another joke that started around Christmas was when Emma and Matthew heard the word Noel. Now every time they tell Ellie no, they sing No-El No-El and then laugh like it's the first time they've heard it.
Matthew's class talked about Groundhog Day a couple weeks ago. He came home and said, "Mom, I know that if you see your shadow it means there's 8 more days of Christmas". Haha...close Matthew!
I bought myself a Bosch for an early Christmas present and finally got around to using it. I baked my first loaves of bread right after Christmas and they actually turned out! I've made all of our bread since. Oh how I've missed homemade bread the last few years!
These pictures capture Ellie's personality so perfectly!
Three months
First time in the swing and it put her right to sleep
We went to Pescadero Beach with Jon's family at the beginning of January. I love where we live!
And of course Jon's birthday was the end of January. He got some new headphones and a slack line. It may have been his best birthday ever.








No comments:
Post a Comment