Thursday, July 19, 2012

Emma's View

We gave Emma our old camera because we never use it and her kid camera wasn't cutting it anymore. She spent A LOT of time taking pictures of everything while we were driving to and from Boise and Utah. It was fun to look through and see the pictures she took.

Emma took a ton of pictures of "all the beautiful things" in Grandma Lorraine's house.

The kids loved this little Christmas village that lights up

And they were fascinated with her grandfather clock. She has had this for as long as I can remember, and it was always one of my favorite things at her house too.

The kids are fascinated with this little mailbox that is on Grandma's porch.
 

She got a ton of pictures of Ellie too. The camera came in really handy when Ellie got sick of the car. Emma would snap a picture and the bright flash would distract Ellie enough to make her stop screaming. She probably took over 100 pictures of Ellie just like this one. :)
 

Grandma's house...I love her cute little house (but I don't love this completely unflattering picture of me)

My cousins sweet wife made little books for her and my kids to keep busy during the funeral. Emma made a book all about animals that was really cute. She took a picture of every single page. I love her frog drawing!

These self portraits are my favorite...what a funny girl!





Oh, her beloved orange hair feather. After 6 months, we finally took it out.

Buddy!


And to end here is an Emma quote from yesterday that I got a good laugh out of:
 
We were driving when a fire truck zoomed past us with it's lights and siren blaring. The kids watched it in awe, and then Emma said, "I just love fire trucks. They're so beautiful and stylish!"

No comments: