Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Emma Says

I was getting Ellie to sleep when I heard "the laugh" coming from the play room. You know the laugh (kind of like the quiet) when you know something is going on that shouldn't be. I went to see and found Emma and Matthew painting each other. I got pretty upset and told them to start cleaning and then I took the paint. While they were scrubbing paint off the table (and I was lecturing on why it's not okay to paint other people), Emma looked up and very seriously said, "I really wish I was you right now". Made me laugh out loud.

When Emma gets upset with Matthew she yells "you're not my best friend anymore!". And then when he does something she likes she'll enthusiastically tell him that he's her best friend. The other day he must have done something that really upset her because she told him "you're not my best friend forever anymore".

I was brushing Emma's very tangled hair and explaining how hair gets tangled. She looked over at Matthew and very seriously told him, "Being a girl is REALLY tough!" When I laughed she looked at me and said, "It is, isn't it Mom?"  Haha, she's a quick learner.  :)

No comments: