Saturday, September 3, 2011

Growing

I was watching the kids playing in the backyard today and I couldn't help but notice how tall they seemed all of a sudden. Seriously, they had to have grown a foot overnight. How does that happen??? I know Matthew is definitely taller. He put his pajamas on tonight (pajamas that he just wore a few days ago) and the pants were halfway up to his knees! All this eating is definitely doing him some good! I went through his dresser and pulled out most of his 18 month clothes....yes, he is 3 years old (and 3 months) and still fits 18 month clothes. We are definitely getting our money's worth out of them!

I also went through Ellie's clothes....again. They go through the little sizes way too fast! She'll be 3 months next week...crazy! I think she's still got a few weeks left in her 0-3 month clothes, but I wanted to see what we have and what we need still. I love that Ellie can wear some of Emma's baby clothes...gives me a chance to reminisce a little over Emma's baby days.

This picture has nothing to do with this post...but it captures perfectly Emma and Matthew's relationship with Ellie. They always have to be touching her, hugging her, kissing her, seeing her eyes, sitting next to her....you get the idea.  :)
 And a random funny to finish off this post:

A while ago Jon said something about the sun being fixed in place and the moon revolving around it. That got lost in translation and now when the moon is full the kids say it is fixed, and when it's a crescent, they say it's broken. Makes me laugh every time. :)

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Haha! Broken moon, I love it!