Sunday, May 22, 2011

Major Dad Points

I enjoy reading what Sarah writes on this blog so much that most of the time I have kept my own comments and posts out. Sarah does such a better job describing things with the sensibility that only a mother can truly exude. Recently however in my quest to be a better dad I have started up my own blog. The title "Major Dad Points" reflects the blog's goal, to record instances of good dadship. Let's face it, being a dad is not easy (though I'd wager it's easier than being a mom). Dad's try their best to balance the pressures of work, home, hobbies, and the like but we often come up short. The quest is therefore being a weekend warrior, seeking to earn dad points with our kids. I, not unlike most dad's out there, want to be the coolest dad ever. And so my blog is somewhat of a personal check for me to make sure I'm consistently trying to spend my time where it is needed the most. I have decided to leave my posting un-censored and raw so that my bare thoughts are there for all to see. This isn't so that you can laugh at my terribly corny writing or feeble attempts at blogging. It is however an honest journal of my attempts to earn major dad points with my kids and share those attempts with any who care to read. So without further hesitation I present to you: Major Dad Points

-Jon

No comments: