On Saturday we made a little gingerbread village. Matthew kind of decorated his house, but mostly just put candy on it and then took it off to eat.
Emma carefully placed each candy and made sure the house looked perfect.
The finished products, done mostly by Emma
The kids in their Christmas outfits for church. Emma actually has a really cute red dress with a matching fur lined jacket....super cute and perfect for Christmas. But this is her favorite dress and she wouldn't wear anything else. Still works though.
And Matthew just looks so cute in his little suit. I actually got this on clearance at JCPenny's for $4! I was SO excited.
She LOVES to twirl
On Monday we made some sugar cookies. Our little artist, Emma, loves this kind of stuff. She was so proud of herself for making all the shapes. Her favorite part though was rolling out the dough with the big rolling pin.
Matthew would cut out shapes and then pick up the dough and eat it.
Later in the afternoon, we had our friend Brady over to help us decorate the cookies. Again, Emma was so careful to make sure her cookies all looked perfect. And Matthew, true to character, skipped frosting the cookies and just ate the frosting straight out of the bowl. In between bites he would pour some sprinkles on his plate and eat some.
The finished products...though with all the pink and purple sprinkles, they look more like Easter cookies than Christmas. :)
Last night, we drove around looking at Christmas lights. A friend told me about a street nearby that gets all decked out every year. It was really cool...I wish we had thought to bring the camera. There were some really impressive homes. For those of you in the area, you should definitely go see them. It's Eucalyptus Ave (the section between Orange and Tamarack St) in San Carlos.
And now that we've done all the traditional Christmas things, Christmas is welcome to come any time!










3 comments:
Your kids get more adorable each time I see them in your pictures!
we are SOOO behind this year--haven't even decorated gingerbread houses!
Looks like so much fun!! I agree--Christmas has come SO soon! Can't believe it@
I think you guys did the same gingerbread houses we did. That is so cool. I liked the village idea but Hannah only wanted to eat everything. She wouldn't decorate it. Same as Matthew. You guys have done so many fun things, that is awesome. I love your cookies, pink and purple sprinkles and all.
Post a Comment