Friday, December 3, 2010

14 Weeks


So, I'm officially 14 weeks today. It's actually hard for me to believe. I know I still have a ways to go, trust me...I definitely know. BUT, when you're feeling gross and sick and nauseous, etc the weeks seem to drag on and on and on. So I was happy to realize today that I have hit the 14 week mark. I am officially out of the 1st trimester. Woohoo! I do have to wonder though...does morning sickness really end at 12 weeks for anyone? Because that has never been the case with me. It lasted 25 weeks with Emma and 15 weeks with Matthew. I was hoping the 3rd time would be the charm and it would end that soon, but it just didn't happen. In fact, (in case you were wondering) the last time I threw up was just this morning. Ah, the joys...I am definitely seeing a light at the end of the tunnel though. Mornings are rough, but as long as I keep my stomach full and get a nap in, I am usually okay the rest of the day. And the one bright spot to the sickness is that I know everything is still going good. So, I'm okay with it.  :)

I have been to the doctor twice. She did an ultrasound both times and everything looked perfect. Baby is measuring right on and has a good, strong heartbeat. We find out what we are having on January 10 and I cannot wait!

Anyway, I decided to take periodic belly pictures this time around. I didn't take any belly shots during my other two pregnancies and honestly I kind of regret it now. In fact, I have almost no pictures of me pregnant and that makes me kind of sad. I was just always too worried about how fat I looked and I was just too self conscious to ever do it. So, I've gotten over that and this time I'm going to document....for my sake more than anything.

So, here is the first picture (as completely unflattering as it is) at 14 weeks. And on a funny note, I jokingly told Jon not to get my head in the picture, because I felt kind of dumb. I figured he knew I was kidding, but he obviously didn't. Oh well.  :)

I am definitely getting bigger. I finally had to put away my favorite jeans and pull out the bigger sizes that I outgrew when I lost weight earlier this year. And honestly it's been a little depressing to see the numbers on the scale slowly creeping up, because I worked so hard to get them down. But I know it's for a good cause. And I feel good about that fact that, at 14 weeks, I'm still below my pre-pregnancy weight with both other kids.

We are so excited for this new little one to join our family!


4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am glad you're going to document it this time! I am excited for you and this new little one--and can't WAIT to find out what you're having!!! HURRY JANUARY!! HURRY! :)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Sarah, you look so cute! (even though I can't see your face! haha)

I think it's great to document it. And that is impressive that at 14 weeks you're still below your pre-preg weight. You're right - it's for a good cause!

Hope you keep feeling better day by day!

Larsen's said...

It will be fun to see you grow! :)

Nate and Annie said...

Congratulations on being out of the first trimester! Every milestone is worth a celebration. You'll be happy you documented it this time around. It's fun to look back on those pictures.