My oldest brother got married November 6 in Idaho Falls, so I took a quick trip home to be there. I flew by myself, and boy was it NICE. I got to read and sleep and not worry about what my kids were spilling on the person next to us. Totally relaxing and enjoyable. Once I got to Idaho it was busy busy busy. All of my siblings were able to be there so it was good to see everyone again. But with only a couple of days we had to cram stuff in. I squeezed a haircut in and then my sisters, mom, and I got to do some shopping. We also got to watch my little sister Abby in a debate competition. It really was fascinating, though I left feeling totally dumb...haha. They were using so many big words and talking so fast and debating issues that I knew nothing about. So, I have a super smart sister and I'm proud of her. The rest of the time was mostly spent visiting family...siblings, grandparents, aunts. It was good. And of course, we went to the wedding. The sealing was nice and I am so happy for them. After the sealing they just had a simple luncheon and that was that. Sweet and simple. :)
Apparently I was enjoying myself so much that I forgot to take any pictures...not a single one. So I stole these from my sister...thanks Rach!
Jared and Kaci
The happy little family
My mom and two of her sisters, Kathy and Karen...I love this picture
Me and two of my sisters...just missing Abby
Rachel and I (and her baby) took the shuttle back to Utah together. It was fun to have that last chance to visit, and of course to have the company for the long ride. We got to the airport and said our good byes at security.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the kids stayed with Jon's parents the first couple of days. Jon went to get them and they came home Saturday. Poor Jon was totally sick the whole weekend. He was a trooper though. Monday he took the day off of work and took the kids to the zoo. They LOVED it. Afterwards they picked me up from the airport. It was so good to be home and be a family again.
Being frogs at the zoo
Matthew is the fly and Emma is the spider, coming to get him....oh the morbid games my children play. :)
1 comment:
it was so fun to see you! Glad we could make it happen. :)
And sorry about the pics--I totally could have gotten you the ones that weren't written on! lol
Post a Comment