Sunday, July 11, 2010

Not For The Weak of Stomach

If you are going to be swimming outside for 3 1/2 hours, please learn from our mistake and put TONS of sunscreen on your kids OFTEN. Otherwise you'll get to see what a 2nd degree burn looks like...and it ain't pretty...

I did put sunscreen on both kids...just obviously not enough and not often enough. The crazy thing is that Emma got toasted and Matthew didn't get burned at all...go figure...


If you have a weak stomach, stop reading here...seriously this is gross. Poor Emma! So she is going shirtless for awhile and we aren't leaving the house any time soon. Not fun at all!

























She has these blisters all over both shoulders. We have been draining the bigger ones and putting aloe on several times a day.

5 comments:

K said...

Oh my goodness poor, poor Emma! That looks terrible! I've been complaining about my sunburn but Emma's is far worse. How is she handling it? Is she in a lot of pain? Neither of my kids ended up with a sunburn. Did you get one? Ouch! I hope the burn heals quickly!

Nicia said...

Poor Emma. Breaks my heart! Hope she's feeling better soon. I will definitely have to remember to pack sunscreen in the diaper bag whenever we leave the house this summer.

Larsen's said...

Ohhhh, poor, poor thing! Is she hurting? I will be more careful in the future, too...I always figure you only have to put in on one time. :(

The Farrells said...

Give sweet Emma some love for us. That is so sad!

Rachel Holloway said...

holy crap Sarah! That looks SO BAD! I am so sorry you guys are all dealing with it--her for having the pain and you for having to do wound care!!! sooooo sad!