Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Emma


Emma turned 4 today and I just can't wrap my mind around that fact. This birthday has been such an emotional one for me and I don't know why....though it could be because we've been on vacation for 3 weeks now and we're all ready to be home...

But really, four just sounds so much more grown up than three. This is her last year before kindergarten. She can write her name and she tries to use big words all the time. She won't let us call her a little girl anymore. She is just growing up and I'm not quite ready for it.

We love having Emma in our family. We love her fun personality and adventurous spirit and we can't imagine life without her.

Happy birthday Emma!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I absolutely love that picture of her. It's totally adorable! :)

Turning 4--especially with your first--is a really big deal. And it's hard to see them grow up and not be your little person anymore. Suddenly they are big, and grown up, and don't need you like they used to.

Hoping you guys have a great birthday together. Thinking of you!! And hoping you can be home soon (doesn't it get emotional to be gone for soooo long?!!? Hoping that I won't look like such an idiot for my breakdowns anymore!!) :)

K said...

That is such an adorable picture of Emma!! Happy Birthday Emma! Andrew and Madeline can hardly wait to play with you again!

Melinda said...

In that picture, she definitely looks like a mature 4 year old. Wow! Very grown up and beautiful!

And I know exactly what you mean. I tried to mask my realization at how old Evie was, when she turned four, by throwing her big old party. But I still look at her and think - she can't possibly be 4, or going to preschool this year, or look like that! So I totally get you.