
Next, up went the fence to keep out wild animals and children...since this just happens to be their favorite digging spot...sorry kids. At the far end, we have a box with potatoes planted in it. Supposedly it makes it easier to pick the potatoes because you can take the front off the box and pull the potatoes out that way.

After a run to Home Depot this is what we ended up with-blueberries, strawberries, 3 kinds of tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, carrots, zucchini, squash, pumpkins, and two kinds of sunflowers.

We set everything in the garden to get an idea of where to plant and then began the planting. Emma was SO excited to help.




6 comments:
That's awesome! Way to go getting it all finished today!
That is so exciting! I can't wait to see how it all turns out...and I am sure the kids will be just as excited! YAY for you guys and your big planting event. LOTS of work, I am sure!
Gardening is so much fun! What a perfect spot for it. I want to try that potato trick now.
Oh, and good luck with the health and wellness program! That's awesome that you're doing that.
I can't wait either! It's so exciting that you can plant stuff...I still have to wait a little to get at my ground. Way to go!!
That looks so great. We really need to get on it and plant already. We have been so busy we keep putting it off. I really want a garden this year. I guess most of it has to come before the end of August so we can reap the benefit.
SO jealous that you are able to plant stuff already!! How exciting!
Post a Comment