Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Four Pounds

That's how much weight I lost this week! Well, 4.6 lbs to be exact. I am SO excited and so much more motivated to keep losing more weight.

Jon's employer started a health and wellness program where they reimburse a portion of the cost of any health or wellness things we do. They also started a Weight Watchers group at the same time so I figured I'd go for it. We weighed in for the first time last week and then again today and it was definitely encouraging to see the numbers.

I LOVE to eat...a lot. And I have almost no self control when it comes to food, especially sweets. So I was skeptical. But I have been surprised at how easy it has been to eat healthy and stay on track, knowing that I have to weigh in again and be accountable to someone. Which is also why I'm writing this.

I am going to "check in" on the blog every week after I weigh in so I have the extra accountability and support. So you can look forward to these posts every Tuesday (or you can just skip over them). And feel free to share any weight loss tips, healthy recipes or snack ideas, and encouragement :).

Weight loss goal- 25 lbs
Today's loss- 4 lbs

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm rooting for you! I'll be trying, too, but I'm not ready to advertise success or lack thereof. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Sarah! I will look forward to reading about your progress each week. 4 pounds is not easy to lose - I have been trying to shed my holiday pounds forever!

-Christina Larsen

Michelle said...

Way to go! I could stand to lose some weight.... too tired to try now though. Maybe next New Year? :-)

Jess'n'John said...

Good job! That's great! I know I do much better when I'm held accountable to someone else... maybe I'll be able to lose my babyweight still that I haven't lost in 2 years! :-)

Esther said...

OK, I seriously want to know what you are doing to change it. We have done a million different things to try to loose weight but it never leaves. Lets hear tips from you.

Rachel Holloway said...

SO PROUD of you! Seriously! I am excited to see you and see what awesome meals we can concoct together--it would be fun to sample a bunch of healthy stuff!

Kathy Whittle said...

Congrats to you!! Please share what you're doing to lose the weight! I've been trying to get back on the band wagon again for months.