Sunday, October 11, 2009

Smokin' some Grass

So yesterday Emma and Matthew were playing in the side yard. Emma picked up the bicycle pump, which usually is in the basement, and said "Mom I'm smokin grass!" After some good laughs we tried to figure out what her reasoning was for saying that. (Is the close proximity to San Francisco rubbing off in bad ways?) So here is what we realized. She thinks the bike pump is a fogger (like the ones used to spray pesticide). She got the idea from the movie "The Ant Bully" which we watched several weeks ago. In the film there is an exterminator that sprays black smoke (bug spray) on the grass to kill the ants. You have to pump the fogger to build up pressure to spray it. Hence the 3 year old logic of smoking some grass.

3 comments:

Nicia said...

Hahahaha! That is hilarious. I was oh so confused when I read that. But now it makes total sense! What a cute little imagination.

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

LOL! I was a little concerned when I read the title...too funny though!

Marisa said...

Sarah, your blog is fun! I especially LOVE your daughter's funnies on the sidebar! Really made me laugh!! Where in the Bay area do you live? I used to live in Novato during High School :)