Friends? We're still holding out hope. :)

I took Emma out for her birthday ice cream at Coldstone last week. She chose strawberry ice cream with gummy bears. She ate the bears and threw the ice cream away. Go figure...but I'm glad she enjoyed it. And I enjoyed our little date. She doesn't get one on one time very often.

After ice cream we walked around downtown San Mateo and stopped at a couple of stores. Emma was running around all these poles then stopped, posed, and told me she wanted to take her picture. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it cracks us up every time we see it.



Somebody asked for a picture of Emma's new bedding, so here it is. It wouldn't have been my first pick, but for $2 I wasn't going to be picky. And I do think it's cute.

We got this tricycle at Goodwill. It was really cheap and works great so we figured we'd save it for Matthew's next birthday. Emma claimed it though and won't ride hers anymore. She also likes to wear this bowl on her head and calls it her helmet.

We went to the spray park the other day. It has been so hot lately so it was great. Both kids loved it. I didn't think Matthew would, but he ran right in and had a blast.




Friday we spent most of the day with some friends. We went to the library, the park, and then they came with us to have lunch with Jon. After lunch the girls started playing in the grass outside his work so we stayed for awhile and let them all play.

Saturday we attempted to go to the beach, but it was pretty overcast and cold. We drove down the coast for awhile and then stopped at some tide pools. It had warmed up a bit and the tide was really low, so it was a lot of fun. We didn't get many pictures, but we did see this starfish.
After the beach we went bowling again with our free bowling pass. So fun!

These little guys are our new fish- Flip and Shadow. It's been fun to have fish again. The kids love watching them. Hopefully we can keep them alive. :)
In other news, I'm going to Idaho again. I am excited to visit again, but not excited for the drive. This time I'm going with a lady in my ward and her 3 kids. She is also from Idaho Falls and really wanted to go home and things just worked out for us to drive together. So, it should be fun. Hard to believe I'll be going in less than 4 weeks and by the time I get home summer will be over. Where has the time gone???

4 comments:
FIRST OFF....JEALOUS. JEALOUS that you get to go back home again.
And 2nd...Emma..Oh Emma. What a funny girl! That pole dancing picture--ya, definite blackmail. :) And what I love most is that she looks summer from the waste down and winter from the waste up! :)
Bowling with glasses. CRACKS ME UP!
Man, good stuff!
As usual, great post! I loved the part about Emma and the ice cream and gummy bears...
That's fun that you and Emma got to have a little date! Those pictures of her are AWESOME. And I love that picture of the starfish!
Sounds like you have been having lots of fun this summer. Your children seriously are just so adorable! Let me know if you'll be coming through this way on your way to Idaho Falls and need a stopover or something. Great deals on all your food and toys! I just love a bargain!!
Post a Comment