So, we got her the play kitchen. We decided that she can keep riding her tricycle. It still works and she still fits it. We also decided that a kitchen would get a lot more use AND it's something both kids can use. And then, the day after I wrote the dilemma post Emma started saying that she wanted a kitchen. So, it all worked out and in the end she was thrilled. I've decided that 3 year olds are still at that age where they like pretty much everything. We could have given her a big cardboard box, called it a fort, and she would have been totally happy. I'm glad we went with the kitchen. It has been so fun to watch them play with it.
So here are pictures from the festivities. Wednesday night Jon's family came out for a little birthday party. She really enjoyed opening her presents this year. This is the first year that she's really understood it all. She got some Living Scriptures dvd's, a bear in a purse, and a cute little dress from Grandma and Grandpa.

and the kitchen. See, doesn't she look happy? She was jumping up and down and squealing and running around. She was excited.
I also found a bedding set on clearance for $2 at Ikea! So, her new bed is complete and looks much more girly.After presents it was time for cake. I did make the bike cake that she had requested.

Don't laugh...do you have any idea how hard it is to make a bike cake??? I googled bike cakes and copied this one made out of Twizzlers. And it was hard. But she was happy and it was worth it.

Yesterday, her actual birthday, we had a little party with some of her friends. I only got a couple pictures...bummer. We played, decorated cupcakes, and played some more. Nothing fancy, but we had fun.

That night we went to California Pizza Kitchen for Emma's birthday dinner. She spent most of the time coloring. Below are her rainbow clouds.



5 comments:
What a lot of fun! I think your bicycle cake is very creative and you did a great job on it! The kitchen play stuff looks like it will keep them both busy for quite some time.
You should post a picture of your Ikea bedroom...I love that store!
That kitchen is WAY more decked out than the kitchen I had when I was little. :) Looks like fun!
Lol, I think her kitchen has more counter space than my real one...
She looks so excited with her gifts, and with that cherry on top of her brownie! So cute. :-)
Yay, my kids all loved playing with pretend food and kitchen when they were little. They would play with that for a long time. Good choice!
Wow, The play kitchens just get bigger and more grandioso all the time! Happy birthday, Emma!
Post a Comment