Our weekend fun started Friday. This was such a fun weekend. Everything about it was just enjoyable and relaxing.
Friday we went and had lunch with Jon
Friday we went and had lunch with Jon

I actually did Emma's hair for the first time in...I really don't know how long. I LOVE braids...love them.

He got rid of the cape really fast and then kept trying to see the clippers. He didn't mind getting his hair cut and he wasn't scared. He was just curious, and it made it really hard. But I think it turned out decent. And he looks just a little bit more like a little boy and less like a baby.


Saturday morning Matthew slept in until 7!!! Ever since we came home from Idaho he has been waking up between 5 and 6 and it's killing us. Any ideas on how to get a 1 year old to sleep later would be greatly appreciated!
After getting ready we headed out to Santa Cruz where we met up with Jon's family.

Then it was time for our tour. The Mystery Spot is an area on a hill where all laws of gravity are defied. It was weird. You climb up the hill to this cabin, which is crooked because it slid down the hill. Supposedly it stopped right in the center of the mystery spot. Standing outside you feel a little dizzy, but once we stepped inside things got really weird.
We couldn't stand up straight even though it felt like we were. And at different points in the room you actually felt like you were getting pulled in a certain direction.

It was a very cool, very strange place. The kids were worn out when we left. Matthew fell asleep like this with a sucker in his mouth.
Emma also fell asleep about 5 minutes after we left, right after she told me that she wasn't tired, she was just happy.
We went to the Farrell's house and spent the rest of the day there. We played outside...
Sunday after Church we went on a little walk to the park with the kids. They love playing outside, in the dirt, with the sticks. They were so happy to be there.


It was a fun afternoon and it really made want a real backyard...someday...And to end on a random note, I thought this picture looked funny.


6 comments:
You're right, that last picture is funny! Wow, the Mystery Spot looks trippy! I can't imagine really being crooked like that. I must go there with my kids - they love stuff like that.
Your kids always look *so* cute in the pictures you take! :)
What a fun weekend! The Mystery Cabin looks really cool. I've never heard of it.
I have no ideas on how to get kids to sleep in. Ours wake up at 6:00 every morning, no matter when we put them to bed, no matter what. Saturdays just aren't what they used to be...
I always wanted to go to that Mystery Spot when we lived in Monterey. It looked like fun! I love that last pic of Matthew in his batman pj's. That kid is so cute!
My favorite picture is the jumping-in-the-air-rock-band picture. As for getting kids to sleep in ... we refuse to go into Carston's room until 6:00. If he wakes up before then, he just has to deal. Have you tried putting him to bed a little later? Since we started ignoring him before the hour of 6, he has consistently been waking up between 6:30 and 7:30. It's amazing how that extra hour of sleep does wonders for all of us! We put him to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 pm. Good luck!
The Mystery Spot sounds like such a cool place! No ideas about getting kids to sleep later - mine have ALL have the Danes genes and are early risers!
Wow, the mystery spot is really cool. I couldn't even tell what direction you guys were standing and which the camera person was standing. Crazy. It is nice that you got to hang out with Jon's family. They always do neat stuff. Can't wait until we come out and do neat stuff too.
Post a Comment