Matthew enjoys talking on the phone in his spare time (of which he has a lot...since he hasn't been sleeping since we got home-he still thinks we're on vacation or something). Either way, it's very funny. He picks up pretty much anything he finds, holds it up to his ear, and says Hi Da! Then he starts babbling. Then he puts the object down and starts all over again.
Here he has a remote control


Emma loves playing with her bath letters. Loves it! She puts one letter in each square of the bathtub wall, then takes them down and starts over again. Very fun. The extra kids in the picture are some friends that we were babysitting.



A friend of ours has a membership at the California Academy of Sciences and can bring a guest free every time. She invited us along last week and we had a blast.
We spent a lot of time looking at various fish and other sea creatures. They had a whole floor of aquariums.


Emma and Ella loved touching the starfish. Matthew tried, but was more interested in splashing the water.



This was a very cool museum. We spent a couple hours there and hardly saw any of it so I can't wait to go back again.A couple weekends ago we went out to Danville to hang out with Jon's family. It was warm so the girls turned the sprinkler on under the trampoline.


Jon calls this picture "overstimulation". I think it's funny. And that LeapFrog table in the front...I picked that up at DI for $2 while we were in Idaho. I cleaned it up, stuck new batteries in and it works! I was pretty excited about it.

The other day we made white chocolate covered strawberries. We drizzled some of them with regular chocolate. Yum!

We have been adjusting to being home again, definitely missing having so much family around all the time. But it is good to be home. Matthew and Emma are really starting to get along and play really well together. I love it! I love when they make each other laugh and when Emma helps Matthew with things. Matthew has also started clapping and will clap for us when we do things.We have also been helping Emma memorize scriptures. She has several of her books memorized so we figured if she could memorize books, then she could memorize scriptures. She has been working on 1Ne 3:7 this last week and almost has it memorized. It is amazing how much and how fast kids can learn.
Anyway, that's all for this week. Bye!










4 comments:
Memorizing scriptures already? WOW! That's truly amazing! I love Matthew's batman outfit! I also think it's funny that he likes to stand where the water comes out from the wall, since Madeline does the exact same thing.
Oh my gosh, I am in love with those Batman pajamas. Matthew is so cute! I need to get some superhero pajamas for my boys...and good for you getting Emma to memorize scriptures! That is awesome! We had Benjamin memorize the first Article of Faith, but we've lost steam or something. We'll have to get him to memorize #2 soon and keep the momentum going.
Oh, p.s. I'm at greenbluebirds.blogspot.com now. I changed it.
Wow you guys have had so much happening. I am impressed that Emma is memorizing scriptures already. wow. Hannah steals our phone all the time and eats it. She babbles a little but gets quiet every time she hears someone else on the phone.
Emma is so very bright! That's awesome that she's already memorizing scriptures. Your kids are so darn cute.
Post a Comment